Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63219 Topics
442062 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#288218 - 05/20/09 06:34 PM Don't do that, that's nasty
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
When I see someone I am attracted to and on some days this is frequent. I immediately focus on the anatomy that seems to draw me. Sometimes it is the knees, Sometimes it is the face or hands. Sometimes it is the eyes alone.

I am examining this like an equation. If I start the equation and follow it out to it logical conclusion what would be the sum, the end result?

Suppose just for the sake of argument that I were to “hook up” with that particular individual. Suppose they were amendable to my exploring of their body parts that have grabbed my attention? What would I take away from that experience? What if I could actually touch the knees, kiss the neck, etc.? Would I be better off? Would I care about that individual as a person or would I just be feeding my own need?

Honestly I have to conclude so far that I would only be comforting myself with touch and lust. Not a comforting prospect to think of myself that way. I do care about individuals and other people I meet but there is a need and hunger in me for the sensual. After the act sometimes I do not wish to be around the person anymore because they remind me of my baser self and the betrayal of my vow and commitment to heal. I find I am tending to treat them as objects. Sex toys without personality or personhood at all and I despise myself for feeling that way.

On the other hand if it is someone that I am emotionally attracted to the equation resolves differently. There is a sexual or sensual component as always but I am more interested in the emotional connection however, that is to say, interested in them as a person. This makes it harder for me connect physically. Here’s why.

I grew up being taught that sex was not talked about in polite company. I was not officially taught about sex at all. Unofficially Dad by behavior instructed me that sex was ok between males but only ok with females in marriage. Through many acts and incidents it came to be understood by me that this was not nice but ok as long as no one knew about it. Very confusing but the unstated rule was that if you liked someone and cared about them you did not have sex with them and if you did you did not talk about it.

I knew I was attracted and liked my wife a lot. Love? I had no idea what that was. I knew it was ok to have sex with her after we were married but understood it was inappropriate to be discussed and therefore shameful. Eventually this led to a very conflicting emotion of “I like you but you want me to do what with you???”. I did not articulate it that way but that was actually the emotion I felt. I would perform but always felt embarrassed and ashamed at what I thought she might be feeling about me afterwards. Of course eventually I became more interested in cuddling and snuggling than in sex. Which of course confused and frustrated my wife.

I could have sex with males at the drop of a hat, or pants. To have sex with my own loving adoring wife however was awkward. I really cared about her. I did not want her to see that base lustful side of me as that was just wrong and she would think I was some really nasty person to want to perform those things with her.
I remember trying something that I will not describe here one night. After it was over she asked if I like doing that. I was ashamed to say yes so I simply gave a non committal “Sure, I guess.” To which she said “Well, it didn’t do anything for me.”

I was mortified. My fears were confirmed. I was a pervert and now she knew it. The joy of our sex life ended there and it was with a fair amount of difficulty that I was able to push past that feeling and continue our sex life on a much reduced frequency. Which I am sure had a great deal to do with losing my wives.

Edited by Freedom49 (05/20/09 06:36 PM)
Edit Reason: grammer

#290408 - 06/05/09 02:53 PM Re: Don't do that, that's nasty [Re: Freedom49]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
What you describe is actually common for men of sexual abuse. It's because we sometimes have difficulty differentiating sexuality, love, nurturance, affection and abuse in relationships that involve intimacy, sexuality, and/or love. It affects us in such a way that we even question ourselves when we are being sexual (like in the case you described with your wife). Ambivalence about sexuality in general is also common. We survey our own sexual feelings (like the way you describe) as well as from others.

In my own case, I was so ambivalent about my sexuality I didn't lose it until I turned 27 (which I got a lotta flak about confused . After having questions about it for years (will the person mind if I do this, how will she see me if I do that, will I get an erection if she wants to be intimate) I dove head first into sex with another man and the whole experience was vague for me. On top of that, I didn't get the climax that I thought would answer questions about my own sexuality. Also, I didn't even want a friendship with the guy afterwards. Women? Even though I was abused by one, I was wary of them, yet I love flirting with them. I love the emotional connection I get with women, but sex? I dodge it like a bullet because not only am I afraid of doing the things I want to do (lest she think I'm some sort of pervert) but also because I feel as if sex will make the relationship rotten AND because I'm afraid I may not enjoy it.

I really wish I could help you more, but then I think about that>

#290415 - 06/05/09 03:22 PM Re: Don't do that, that's nasty [Re: h.beat,h.break]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Beat/break,

Thanks for your reply. It is something I still struggle with. I am dating now and I have decided that I do not want to have sex unless I am in a committed relationship. But at the same time there is this thing about how will I know if we are sexually compatible until then??

I think the key for me unless I am kidding myself is the emotional intimacy question. I think if I have that connection then the physical intimacy will be confortable and not be that big a deal because we can talk about it. Pillow talk for me has always been a turn on. To be lying there naked physically and emotionally is so hot for me. Being that open and connected with another person is really erotic and I think I just need to develop that first.

Just my thoughts.

#290779 - 06/08/09 01:19 PM Re: Don't do that, that's nasty [Re: Freedom49]
h.beat,h.break Offline

Loc: New York
I understand the intimacy part. I'm sexual (bi, whatever they call it) and I found it rather good that I was able to lay there naked and talk to someone naked (because I didn't orgasm during the encounter).

I know I'm out there looking for a connection with people. A friend of mine told me that "humans are relational beings and that we all need that person we can be emotionally connected to rather than physically." I really hope your relationship goes well for you.

#290879 - 06/09/09 12:18 AM Re: Don't do that, that's nasty [Re: h.beat,h.break]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have issues with this stuff. I am not very often intimate with woman, not because I wouldn't want to be it is just it doesn't happen. It happened more when I was younger. In my mind I fantasize a lot about women and struggle with is it just lust or do I like the girl in question? I think in the end it will be meaningful if I am able to connect with a woman on an emotional level and not feel guilty about sex when/if it happens.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.