Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (susie, Robert Barrett, TOM2, AlexT, unhappycamper, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63181 Topics
441796 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#290807 - 06/08/09 03:55 PM .
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:38 PM)

#290860 - 06/08/09 11:11 PM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: bardo213]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
lynch,

Keep an opem mind and as you heal you will find the answers to the questions you now seek.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#290928 - 06/09/09 09:33 AM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: michael banks]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Lynch
You said you went to chuch looking...Faith Love and hope are found in you...Read the bible for what it is and not for what you think it is...Godii word tells us how to find hope and joy.
I understand that we have all been hurt, and we question God...And that is Ok the more you question the more you will seek the answer..
Let me encourage you Brother God Loves you..Keep praying and asking and God will send you the answers.
God Bless
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#290983 - 06/09/09 05:26 PM . [Re: wojax]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:38 PM)

#290992 - 06/09/09 08:19 PM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: bardo213]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
lynch,

I hear what you are saying. But by nature are not us humans very cliquey group. We only feel comfortable if you see,believe, look, or act like me if not find another group to belong to. This is not just along on religion beliefs but in anyway we can subdivide ourselves.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#290998 - 06/09/09 08:37 PM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: michael banks]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

lynch,

I've always believed that the earnest seeker will find the answer to the questions they ask. Just keep looking with an open mind, even to things that you had once discounted.

John

#291003 - 06/09/09 09:19 PM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: WalkingSouth]
Matt0487 Offline

Loc: Houston, TX, USA
I am struggling in my beliefs as well. Everything seems tied to this abuse and sexuality for me. I grew up in a very conservative church. Now I am not so conservative, but I am desperately hoping that God exists and that He cares. With the abuse I endured, that is hard to believe. Just wanted to be honest

#291429 - 06/13/09 03:01 PM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: Matt0487]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi everyone.

Well, I have a little input. I have endured a hellish life thus far, as have all of you. However, throughout all of this pain and anquish, I have felt the hand and whisper of the Almighty One constanly by me. Now, I don't know how I have been able to have this be for me. There are times where I have wondered why a Just God would allow such things to happen to His People, but with my limited finite knowledge, I can know only so much. It is what I don't know, that makes me want to keep plugging to bring greater glory to God and to one to receive the highest blessings a mortal besing can.

I just don't understand still to this day how I have been "protected" in a sense from doubting in faith, Church and God.

I believe, I don't always understand, but I strive to create a closeness with God as much as I can.

J.R.

#291539 - 06/14/09 08:25 AM Re: struggling beliefs [Re: J.R.]
LowSky Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie,MD
Lynch,
I am a conservative Born again Christian. I was saved about 6 months before I was abused. How could God let this happen to one of his children? In the following years I became a prostitute, an alcoholic and drug abuser. Why would God let this happen? Because we have freewill and so do others. Freewill is the ability to choose for ourselves how we live our lives. Yes God allowed me to go through all He did, but why? I now have a great insight into myself and others.
As far as how other people think we should "act" or "behave" in our quest for God.About 6 years ago I looked like I just came off the mountain. Long hair to my waist and a beard to match. My old Pastor looked on me with doubt of my salvation. I did not look or act like him. At this same time a couple from my church offered to buy me a suit and all that goes with it if, I cut my hair and beard. I said no thanks.
Shortly after that we got a new Pastor and on meeting me he said "Dan, I love you, just for you" These were words I needed to hear. 2 years later I cut my hair and beard, because I wanted to.If we try to please man we WILL fall short. The only person I need to please is God and no matter what I say, do or how I look I can not make God be pleased with me. He already is as pleased with me as He could ever be.
I urge you to read the first Job 2:10 then the book of Christian freedom, Galatians.
Lynch as far as what to believe I think you already know that there is but one way, you just can't seem to get past your past. Many have died in defense of their beliefs, but how many would die for what they KNEW was a LIE? Not me or you I suspect would either.I think there are two books you may want to read #1 Josh McDowell's "Evidence that Demands a Verdict" & Eugene Peterson's "Traveling Light" Both of these books helped me and continue to help me understand God and His ways.
I am now 51 year's old and walking in faith for the last 16 years. Am I perfect? NO! Am I seeking and growing in wisdom? YES. Does God love me unconditionally? YES!

To survive in the woods/life when lost do this:
#1 DO NOT PANIC, someone is looking for you.
(GOD)
#2 Look for higher ground, upon finding high ground make a shelter. It may be a while before you are found.
(You may need the alone time to quiet your self so you can hear the Rescuer calling you)
#3 Start a signal fire.
(Call on the Lord)
#4 Relax.
(Be still and know that I am God.)

God will not save the unwilling, neither will He pursue those that do not want to be found. Remember YOU are lost, NOT God!

God is real and He does love you just for you, so do I. Keep looking it is when we think all is lost we find our Reward.

Love Dan

Dan

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.