Newest Members
ShinTensei, jaklumen, Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers
12505 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Drea (31), gpdno (47), serb guy (49), Thomas8221 (60), UncleClover (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (BraveFalcon), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12505 Members
74 Forums
64196 Topics
447992 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#290737 - 06/08/09 01:25 AM rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
******triggers****** idk enjoy a good laugh!

#290743 - 06/08/09 02:00 AM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Sans Logos]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
HAHA!

Thanks Ron....

I really needed to laugh today

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#290747 - 06/08/09 06:53 AM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
It's a sad testament of a culture when all sense of the sacred is lost.

A much sadder testament still, is that I ran right out and bought the LP when this song first hit the airwaves blush

#290749 - 06/08/09 07:56 AM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: joelRT]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

all 3 of my kids cut their teeth on the album 'faster than the speed of night'. we had cassette in the car tape player and everywhere we went we blasted it. we sang all the songs at the tops of our lungses. i can't remember when we stopped belting out the bonnie tyler songs, but when i look back, my psychological distress increased in direct proportion to the lessened amount of time she spent in my ear waves. i am going to go to itunes and download that album right away! every song is a gem, and really shows the influence of the time of jim steinman, meatloaf, footloose and flashdance!

this literal video version was quite disrespectful, but 25 years down the road, such a necessary roast to rock era now long gone! ....please....... a moment of silence....... LOL

#290762 - 06/08/09 11:13 AM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Cassette? Car tape player? This most certainly was before the age of personal computers....

Please stop!!! You're ageing me...

BTW, even though I found it highly sacreligeous, the vid cracked me up.

#290767 - 06/08/09 11:53 AM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: joelRT]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Come on Joel, you remember I'm sure....

8 Track!

grin

Jim

#290770 - 06/08/09 12:36 PM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Geeders]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Tearing down Highway 69 to the 401 from Sudbury (blahhh) to Toronto (where the, dare I say it? HIP clubs were) with Paul McCartney and Wings blasting out of the speakers on 8 TRACK - and that damn track change right IN THE MIDDLE of a song!!!

Oh man, those were the days alright - remember, Jim? You could, for the first time, play your own choice of music right there in your car!!! Modern or what?

If you'll excuse me now - I have to go eat my prunes and then have a little lie down... grin

#290772 - 06/08/09 12:51 PM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: joelRT]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Quote:
and that damn track change right IN THE MIDDLE of a song

or in the middle of a pothole......do they even have those in canada????

#290777 - 06/08/09 01:12 PM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Sans Logos]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Sans Logos
Quote:
and that damn track change right IN THE MIDDLE of a song

or in the middle of a pothole......do they even have those in canada????

First back to Joel: Yes I remember, distantly of course, but I do remember. Choice of music. Amazing! And do you also remember "instant-on"? No warming up the radio, or the tv for that matter. No more little white eye in the middle of the screen disappearing ever so slowly after turning the TV off. Oh man I'm having a flashback!

Now Ron... Potholes? With the never ceasing of frost-freeze-thaw in this country, we invented them. Which reminds me,,, I think you guys are a bazillion dollars behind in payment for copyright use. grin

Cheers, its time for my nap now.
Jim

#290802 - 06/08/09 03:19 PM Re: rofl: bonnie tyler total eclipse of the heart [Re: Geeders]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

The "real" version of that music video never made any sense to me whatsoever. I mean....ninjas? Football players? What the hell?

At some point I learned that it was filmed at the Halloway insane asylum in London, though I'm not sure if that adds charm or just makes the whole thing worse.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.