Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
8 registered (1islandboy, 5 invisible), 74 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62493 Topics
438016 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289424 - 05/29/09 09:22 PM Recovery Group
LowSky Offline

Loc: Glen Burnie,MD
I have seen several posts with ppl looking for a group to join. I have been involved with a Christ based group www.celebraterecovery.com
I urge you to look for a group in your area or contact John and ask how to start one in your church.
It is not just about abuse but all out habits hurts and hang-ups. In my group and others there is no pressure to become a Christian or pressure of any kind. Just getting well, and staying that way. I just found out my best friend was a victim too. He had not even told his wife of that part of his past.
My God bless you in your quest for freedom which ever way you take.

Dan

#290340 - 06/04/09 11:56 PM Re: Recovery Group [Re: LowSky]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Love to join one of these groups - looks ok if you are in the USA or Canada.

What about Australia or the rest of the world?

Does anyone know of any face to face groups that are, as you say, Christ based, in these countries?

ADen

#290520 - 06/06/09 12:16 PM Re: Recovery Group [Re: expom]
LowSky Offline

I believe CR is also in Australia I will contact my regional director for cities and address'. Hold tight I will get back soon.

Dan

#290521 - 06/06/09 12:23 PM Re: Recovery Group [Re: LowSky]
LowSky Offline

http://www.celebraterecovery.com.au/regions.php
that was quicker than even I thought.
This site will help you find a group "down under"
There seems to be about 20 or so groups in Australia hope one is near you. Let me know one way or the other.
God Bless you

Dan

#290610 - 06/07/09 09:26 AM Re: Recovery Group [Re: LowSky]
expom Offline

Looked up the closest ones: closest was planning to set up a group in March 2006 so as that was the last update am not hopeful. The other is a mixed issue and mixed gender group that I don't think that I could cope with at the moment. But I will keep an eye on the site and see if anything comes up.

Thanks for the information.

ADen

#290954 - 06/09/09 01:49 PM Re: Recovery Group [Re: expom]
LowSky Offline

CR as an org. encourages separating genders in small groups. We have praise and worship together, but then break into gender groups. Separating genders allow for more open talk to flow as I would not be able to share some things in front of a female. This is the reason CR mandates separation of genders.
If there is a (and should be) a contact point make contact to verify that the groups are separated. Web sites are not always up-to-date.

God will heal you, He loves you just for you.

Dan

#291208 - 06/11/09 09:33 AM Re: Recovery Group [Re: LowSky]
expom Offline

Thnks LowSky,
i will try the phone number that's listed. Thanks for the encouragement.

ADen

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.