Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443006 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#290283 - 06/04/09 04:55 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: steveb121]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
So, does anyone have any idea what the conference fees would be this time around? If you don't know about this year's, what were last year's?

#290309 - 06/04/09 07:52 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: J.R.]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The last time that I rode the subway there was in the mid-1980s, from Grand Army Plaza in Brooklyn up to Lower Manhattan for dinner then back. I have driven a semi over both the Queensboro and the Williamsburg Bridges though, along with the George Washington Bridge, the Whitestone Bridge, the Throg's Neck and the Triborough Bridges, plus the Verrazano and the Goethall's Bridge too, as well as through both the Holland and Lincoln Tunnels. Nothing like driving a heavily-loaded semi on the BQE or the Cross-Bronx Expressway. I even know how to drive a semi off of Long Island to the Bronx without having to pay a bridge toll too!!!

Mark

#290372 - 06/05/09 08:17 AM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: Trucker51]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
The final pricing for the 2010 conference is still being worked on. The pricing for the 2007 confernce is here 2007 Conference Fees .

I believe using these prices will be a good basis for budgeting costs.

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#290377 - 06/05/09 10:32 AM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: Ken Followell]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ken,

What's the "pre-conference"?

#290402 - 06/05/09 01:52 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: J.R.]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
The pre-conference institutes are a full day of on one topic and are held the day before the conference officially begins. Under the conference tab on the home page you will find information on the Previous conference including a de>

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#290407 - 06/05/09 02:37 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: Ken Followell]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Ken. Now I have an idea of what the Conference offers. Are there sessions that partners can attend? Can they attend ones that the male survivors go to, or do they have to go to something separate?

J.R.

#290409 - 06/05/09 02:53 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: J.R.]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
The program committee is working on workshops geared to partners. The workshops will state who the intended audience is.

- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#290410 - 06/05/09 02:59 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: Ken Followell]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK, sounds good. When do we expect to hear more concrete answers? Will there be scholarships available this time around?

J.R.

#290414 - 06/05/09 03:20 PM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: J.R.]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
I don't have a date for the registrations to be ready for publication. There is a HUGE amount of work being done by volunteers coordinating with presenters from around the globe that needs to happen before that. Please be patient. I would recommend not being dependant on scholarships.

People are working on that but the funding for them is always difficult and in the current economic situation I cannot see funding getting any easier.

- Michael C. Muhammad

� Rabbi Hillel

#290490 - 06/06/09 04:31 AM Re: MS Conference in 2010 [Re: Ken Followell]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
This is a link to a site that shows a number of hotels around Port Chester, NY, which is closer to both LaGuardia Airport and Grand Central Station than is Stamford, CT. I chose Stamford in part because they enjoy access to express trains there. Port Chester is a local train stop on the MTA Metro North line and appears to be fairly expensive too.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=Port+Chester,+NY+hotels&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=QCgqSq6lHKOytAOaxsSuCw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=1

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.