Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (hike1972, freeze-on, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443352 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#290181 - 06/04/09 12:32 AM A mom cures her son's ADHD
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
New slant on ADHD

http://www.consumer-values.com/blog/adhd-oct-16.html?gclid=CMiT-p_j75oCFQghnAodfHgaJQ

. . . things started to make senseÖThe erratic behavior, hyperactivity, low grades and social problems. I knew my son needed help, but I was hesitant to start him on medication, like the doctors suggested. I thought about it for a long time, then started researching online, and reading various things about ADHD medication.
I went on different forums and was reading real life stories and posts. I ready many horror stories of children dying, and health being permanently damaged. There also seemed to be many side effects and that even the drugs companies knew about. How could I give Dylan something I didnít know was safe? Was it worth the risk? I started to dig a little deeper and read medical journals and articles that discussed the dangers of ADHD drugs. After a week of late nights pouring over hard to read medical jargon, I decide then that I couldnít risk it. I couldnít risk putting my sonís health on the line. Thatís when I started to discuss Dylanís problem with friends and neighbors. I wanted to find another way, and when my neighbor Judy told me about a natural alternative treatment call Concentration Essentials. That worked wonders for her nephew, I thought it was worth at least trying it.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#290189 - 06/04/09 01:12 AM Re: A mom cures her son's ADHD [Re: pufferfish]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Allen - I'm real glad you found something that is helping that is a natural treatment

my mom had totaly cured my ADHD by the age of 8 - but it was'nt cured in a good `way...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#290190 - 06/04/09 01:21 AM Re: A mom cures her son's ADHD [Re: TJ jeff]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
You really think it works? i mean, you can find a herbal "cure" for just about anything, maybe it is the placebo affect? just me and my critical awwareness, that's all

Maybe the placebo affect would work to an extent? how much of ADHD is psychology, it is biological/chemical perhaps, but then psychology and the chemical brain go hand in hand, as an example you can feel stressed and your chemical brain will show that, if you know what i mean. So maybe a placebo could work.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#290320 - 06/04/09 08:29 PM Re: A mom cures her son's ADHD [Re: king tut]
didi Offline

Loc: USA

#290496 - 06/06/09 05:44 AM Re: A mom cures her son's ADHD [Re: didi]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
My daughter I am sure was ADHD this was before it was popular, what I did was to set strict boundarys of what was acceptable and what was not. I would ask her to do something and give a time frame, like "in the add break" or "when you have finished--" and "want it done now". She also was enrolled in Jazz & classical ballet, Gymnastic's, police club, music / orchestra and ballroom dancing. Believe me she was too worn out to be ADHD disruptive and was an excellent student, and never needed medication. I also remained calm and did not react agressivily to any of her outbursts, this I found worked as her mother would not and scream back at her, that made things worse.
The ex wife used to scream and suffered mood swings that she took out on us and I would often bann her from the room when she was uncontrollable by litterally pushing her out, all the while explaining that I was not going to accept that behaviour, this also impacted my daughter, if mum can't get away with it then I wont be able to either.
Today my daughter thanks me for the way I set boundarys and time limits, and she is using them on my grandsons, and they are the greatest kisds.

Dusty

Edited by Dusty Boy (06/06/09 05:50 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.