Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Obi, 2 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63185 Topics
441811 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289642 - 05/31/09 10:23 AM Control issue
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Bottom line I guess is the control issue is easier to handle if I realize that it belongs to someone else and he really does have my best interest at heart. It is however, HIS idea of my best interest and not mine.

Edited by Freedom49 (05/31/09 10:39 AM)
Edit Reason: chnaged to an I statement

#289761 - 06/01/09 06:54 AM Re: Control issue [Re: Freedom49]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Roger,

I don't understand how it can be easier to handle a control issue that belongs to someone else. Especially when that person is always trying to control you and everyone around them. How f--king annoying. I go to a men's group where there is one guy who so seems to think he has monapolized the perfect recovery program and has lost compassion and empathy for where others are at in their recovery. I am ready to walk away and seek help else where. I can get along with most everybody but this guy chaps my ass.

Shit, does that mean i have a control issue as well?

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#289777 - 06/01/09 08:39 AM Re: Control issue [Re: michael banks]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
The person I speak about here is the only person who I can trust with control in my life. God. That is why I posted in the spirituality forum. Anyone else will screw it up including me.

Quote:

Probably but sounds like he is out of control and needs to be reined back in.

Roger

Edited by Freedom49 (06/01/09 08:41 AM)

#290114 - 06/03/09 05:00 PM Re: Control issue [Re: michael banks]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Mike,

Originally Posted By: michael banks

I hope this doesn't hijack Roger's thread, but I think we all have control issues. They are so huge and so pervasive that we often don't even recognize them for what they are. Many of the dysfunctional things an abused boy does are reactions to lost control in his life, and so much acting out represents an effort to restore that control - if only for a brief moment before the cycle starts all over again.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.