Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, traveler, Obi, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289907 - 06/02/09 02:03 AM Air France Flight 447
Charlie24 Offline

Guys I just need to get this off my chest and am glad this forum is here. I've been sporadically getting the news on this flight that just disappeared over the Atlantic. So much speculation at the moment of what happened. I'm just overcome with grief, sorrow, sadness for all parties involved. What a sad day. While I have no connection I can't seem to understand this sadness I'm experience. Been a pretty emotional day, kinda distracting me from school but how sad. I guess I just want to thank God for today, thank him that I'm alive and have had today. My thoughts and prayers are with the families during this terrible time. God speed.

Charlie.

#289910 - 06/02/09 04:08 AM Re: Air France Flight 447 [Re: Charlie24]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Charlie smile

I, like you, have been watching this senseless tragedy unfold in the media - all these talking heads verbalizing and postering over somethimg they know not as opposed to merely reporting the few facts that exist...but I digress, sorry...
Originally Posted By: Charlie24
So much speculation at the moment of what happened. I'm just overcome with grief, sorrow, sadness for all parties involved. What a sad day. While I have no connection I can't seem to understand this sadness I'm experience.
I wonder if it isn't the senselessness and the unanswerable why of all of this that speaks to you; the common question in the remaining families' minds of "How can this be happening?" that is awakening a deeper, and as yet inexpunged, sadness in yourself.

#289912 - 06/02/09 04:32 AM Re: Air France Flight 447 [Re: joelRT]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Charlie,

You good person.

Thanks for sharing this I will pray for the families too.

I hope everything would be okay.

Marvin

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#289919 - 06/02/09 07:10 AM Re: Air France Flight 447 [Re: b869]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Charlie, I share your sentiments. I watched this unfold all day yesterday while at work.

Tomorrow is promised to no one, but life goes on.

I think that more people die every day in car accidents in the U.S., but at least it's not all at once and at least most of them had some control over the situation.

In the case of airline disasters, hundreds of people place their faith in the hands of 2 pilots to make all the right choices. It's the safest mode of transportation that we use today (I think) but it's not 100% safe.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.