Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, caesar14, 1islandboy), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443292 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#286753 - 05/08/09 01:47 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: AndyJB2005]
Charlie24 Offline

I have to share with you guys what I have to say about this topic. Recently I've been having this itch to just try smoking pot and see what it is like. I already am easily entertained and laugh a lot so I figure I would be laughing up a storm after getting high. I don't know what it is about the appeal of it to me. I think a big part of it has to do with the fact that I've been a goody two shoes my whole life, always trying to do the right thing. Maybe its my desire to break out of that shell and just kick back. I honestly don't know how I would go about getting pot or how to approach someone and ask them if I can smoke with them. Just my thoughts. Recently though it has seemed to come into the news of legalizing marijuana which opens up a whole new can of worms.

#286755 - 05/08/09 02:38 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: Charlie24]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon
Ha! i don't remember starting this thread that was a long time ago.

i've very recently stopped smoking pot. I'm all for experimenting with drugs except for the truly nasty ones like heroin and meth. I don't think pot is anyworse than alcohol but like alcohol there is a dark side. first off your doing something illegal so you should read up on your rights so if you were to get caught you would know what to do, you should also really learn about pot its negatives and positives.

I finaly decided i needed to stop smoking because i was using it to get through the day to cope with the stress and pressure of day to day life and that is bad.

anyways light up or not its a decision you should make for yourself. since starting this thread I went ahead and kept smoking looking back I don't think I would change it but i'm glad i'm stopping now so that I don't end up a 40 year old stoner with a tie-die shirt and a collection of grateful dead vinyl. (not that there is anything wrong with the grateful dead.)

hope this helped you some.

Chris

#289747 - 06/01/09 01:59 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: theatrekid]
Junyah Offline

Loc: Mississauga, Ont
what about marijuana for medical purposes?
personally I dont think it's a bad thing to smoke it. It definately has medicinal properties, safer then alcohol and alot of pre>

#289753 - 06/01/09 03:47 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: Junyah]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have a close friend who basically has given-up a promising career and now lives in the worst part of town just so that he can be stoned all of the time. He has recently been approved for medical marijuana here because of his recently diagnosed bipolar disorder??? He has been a heavy pot smoker for 32 years now, and he has also used quite a bit of coke and crank, though not recently. In Colorado if you are a user of medical marijuana you can also apply for a grower's license. He has put a tremendous amount of effort into starting a legal grow operation in his apartment. So he will grow his own weed and make a little money on the side selling to other patients to supplement his disability income (if it is approved). Not too bad for a guy with a civil engineering degree Magna cum Laude and a Class-A CDL, eh??? Five years ago he was making $60K with a promising future.

My guess is that I smoked the evil weed everyday all day long to try to feel normal and control some of my other symptoms. I smoked it for 20 years, then gave it up for crack cocaine in 1991. When you are high all of the time everyone thinks that your behavior is your normal behavior. Basically I used drugs until I didn't need them anymore. Or until I got so paranoid that I couldn't use them anymore.

God I'm glad that I don't need illegal drugs anymore. I'm almost 10 years clean off of illegal drugs.

Mark

#289789 - 06/01/09 10:36 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: Trucker51]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
What's the difference between popping anti-depressants and whatever pre>

#289852 - 06/01/09 05:12 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: AndyJB2005]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 11:58 AM)

#313967 - 12/11/09 03:03 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: AndyJB2005]
JuniorT Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
well said Andy,
As a medical user, I'm all for it, regulated like alcohol and free for people to try legally without fear of jail.
Peace

#313968 - 12/11/09 03:04 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: JuniorT]
JuniorT Offline

Loc: Ontario,Canada
O and one can make a whole lot more then 60K a year selling pot on the side to other med users..lol..or so i hear..lol

#313972 - 12/11/09 03:57 AM Re: Marijuana [Re: JuniorT]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Yes, with medical marijuana Colorado has become a brave new world, where stoners with a little business savy can get into a still lucrative business. Unfortunately, the handwriting is already on the wall, as the number of medical marijuana dispensaries doubles every few weeks, and product prices are already starting to fall. My buddy has gone from growing for himself to growing for the whole neighborhood, though now there is another dispensary right across the street and another two blocks away, cutting into his profits. Another year of this and pot will cost less than it did 20 years ago!!! But for today he is doing better economically than he has in years.

There is already a recent backlash out of the local media here too, with alarmist story after story appearing on the evening news. A few weeks ago 2 different local TV stations sent undercover reporters in to try to get medical marijuana licenses and both were approved without any supporting documentation by just claiming to be suffering from generic pain. One of them saw the doctor for a whole 3 minutes, paid his $90 for his license, bought some pot from the doctor's office, and was back in the news van in 15 minutes flat!!! If anyone is familiar with Denver's upscale Cherry Creek Mall and shopping district, you will be happy to know that the 6th dispensary has just opened there, since 5 were obviously not enough. An increasing number of lawmakers and civic leaders are calling for the enactment of more stringent legislation to reign-in runaway behavior that they find offensive.

And through it all it has now been 18 & 1/2 years since I quit smoking grass and 10 years and 10 days since I quit smoking crack cocaine. Think how much money that I could make if I just got my medical license??? I just don't see any good coming out of such an action though.

Mark

#314038 - 12/11/09 04:38 PM Re: Marijuana [Re: Trucker51]
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
Bottom line, it's got positives and negatives. I know a lot of people who smoke and they don't have any issues, and I know a lot that went off the deep end after they started toking all the time.

Me personally I smoked pot fairly heavily between 17 and 20. It was great fun in the beginning and I had some of the best times of my life, cause where I lived there wasn't fuck-all else to do and being stoned made it more entertaining, even if we still weren't doing anything. Eventually though I'd start having bad trips, anxiety would creep up on me, and then one day I just freaked out really really badly. What those bad trips started off was the need that I needed to go get help and have therapy, and after that really bad high I got that one time I went and got myself in to counseling. So you see, though it may not be great, I look for the silver linings, and the ghanj is very much a big part of what got me looking into the past.

That said, I gave up on smoking regularly. The last time I smoked was in August. Before that was in December. Both of those were social events, one kids graduation party and another friends acceptance into a university overseas for Japanese study. Before that, well I don't even know.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.