Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
4 registered (midnight51, Austintexan, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63177 Topics
441780 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#289654 - 05/31/09 01:18 PM Over staying my welcom
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Guys i have been coming here for almost 10 years now..I have heald and I think recoveryed as much as we can...I have always been open and honest with my feelings and advice...I really do see you all as Brothers...
I am just wondering if I have over stayed my welcome..You guys (most are gone now) have helped me with my recovery from Cancer. When i look at all the new names on here i cant help but feel sad that this abuse is still going on...It seems to be worse now then when I was abused..
I do pray for you brothers daily, but is that enough? I have no reason to be crying right now ...so why am I?
May God Bless you all
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#289657 - 05/31/09 01:26 PM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: wojax]
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US
Gary you are an inspiration to me. When we talk you give me hope that one day I might get there too. I don't know if prayer is enough, you know my struggle with that, but that's not all you do. You're here, you listen, you encourage.

If being here though is causing you harm though, then maybe you need a break. If you take one, I hope you don't stay away forever. I would miss you. Thanks Gary, for everything you have done for me.

Jesse

#289750 - 06/01/09 03:07 AM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: behindthewall]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Gary (papa),

I don't know if prayers are enough but I do know it helps a little. Like a friend here told me a little is good smile

I second what Jesse said. If being here cause you pain, then take a break if you like smile. You have help many of us not just me. I just hope you don't stay away forever too.

Thanks a lot Gary!

Marvin (Grasshopper)

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#289752 - 06/01/09 03:22 AM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I think that it is somewhat of a challenge to keep coming here and trying to make new friends as our old friends have moved onto new lives. I've only been here a year and there are already people that I miss, like Lance (LW1527). Others have come and gone for good reasons and bad ones. In my own situation I keep trying to greet the new guys at the door and over time I have managed to make some new friends. If you want to give your time in a mentoring role here it shouldn't matter that most of your long-time friends have moved-on in their lives.

If you are feeling a little burned-out a short vacation might not be the worst thing too. Think about the benefit that your level of recovery experience could bring to many of our less-experienced members. I left my last group and walked confidently out the front door 9 years ago feeling really good about myself. It is because I had lots of extra time on my hands with my medical disability last year that I found this site and decided to give internet CSA mentoring a chance. And I have found my time here richly rewarding too.

I think that your experience could benefit many of the guys here Gary. Why don't you take a little vacation and re-think your value to the site and the organization. Do it because you can.

Mark

#289756 - 06/01/09 05:18 AM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: Trucker51]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Gary,

I too want to thank for for all the kind words and supportthat you have given me in the last year. I know at times in can be overwhelming and I have taken some time off from the site in order to regain my focus. Sometimes it is just overwhelming at the sheer # of new guys coming onto the site. And you realize it is just a tiny faction of total # of men abused.
I know that I for one hope you return to share your wisdom of recovery.
I am realizing that I can not conitue to log on as many hours here at m/s as I have this first year. I have other relationships that need my time and energy. I need to find the proper balance in my life which is always been a struggle.
But know that for me at least M/s and supporting it is and will conitue to be an important part of my life.
Thanks for puting this tread out here. I feel it is timely discussion.
Whatever you decide know that you will have my support.

mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#289762 - 06/01/09 06:56 AM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: wojax]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
I have no reason to be crying right now ...so why am I?
....because you are a human being and you have a heart full of compassion and empathy for others who are suffering a similar plight. gary please don't minimize that for a second because all these new members of the '1 in 6' club need to come in contact with your kind of hope and love. where else will they go to get what they need to survive?

keep the faith,

ron

#289839 - 06/01/09 04:11 PM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: Sans Logos]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
Gary,

I think the message should be clear, you are contributing in lots of ways and to lots of people and doesnt appear that you have overstayed your welcome at all.

So, keep doing what your doing is my recommendation as it is working the site is better off for having you

Ron

#289843 - 06/01/09 04:21 PM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: Barney]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Gary,

You have helped so many times in the past. Please stick around! I'd miss you big time. I look forward to seeing your familiar ID in chat when I return!

Jim

My Story

#289855 - 06/01/09 06:50 PM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: wojax]
C.E. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington
Gary,
From a very new person to this site, we need to hear from and read the thoughts and ideas that men like you bring to MS.. We need to share your experience, strength, and hope so we can become survivors and not just victims ... anyway I for one hope you stay or at least come back after a break.. Best wishes and prayers.

#289878 - 06/01/09 09:59 PM Re: Over staying my welcom [Re: C.E.]
Charlie24 Offline

Gary, I want to echo what the other gentlemen here at Male Survivor have said about you bud. I appreciate you being here and am glad you are here. You help me, you obviously have helped the other guys. I like you and find that it helps to have a guy here who has been through it all, your my light at the end of the tunnel, as corny as that may sound, I truly mean it Gary. Jesse may be right, maybe you need a break. I do appreciate the guys who have stuck with this site after their recovery, it helps to have men who have been there, done that and can say you will make it through. Through my personal storm you've been a bit of a guiding lite to help me keep focused. You like so many of the other men here have big, caring hearts and as Ron said you care about others, full of compassion. God bless you Gary for what you do, I thank you. If you feel that it is time to move on, I will respect that decision, but know that you will be sorely missed.

Your friend, Charlie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.