Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (Shockwave, 1 invisible), 26 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289130 - 05/27/09 07:08 PM Anxiety
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
This is kind of like me standing in in alcoholics anonymous right now and saying i am an alcoholic (i'm not), what i'm saying here is i seem to have developed an anxiety problem.

I'm really relieved actually that i have an explanation, with the weird way my body has been acting i have been worried that it is some kind of health or heart thing.

Now i know what it is, or think it is, i can deal with it.
I highlighted in red the ones that apply to me.

Anxiety

. heart palpitations
sweating
trembling
shortness of breath
thinking about breathing
choking
chest discomfort
abdominal discomfort
dizziness
unreality
tingling
chills
heat
fear of losing control
fear of dying
always in some expectation
state
excessive anxiety or worry
restlessness
irritability
worthlessness
hopelessness
sleeping problems
muscle tension
fatigability
constant depressed mood
lack of interest
lack of enjoyment or pleasure
significant weight loss/gain
sleeping changes
agitation
energy loss
thinking difficulties
low self-esteem
thoughts of dying
thoughts of suicide
being "keyed up"
being "on the edge"
concentration difficulties

Now i know what it is, that it is all in my mind, i think i can do this much easier- i think most of the problem has been i have been worried that its physical and every time it happens i worry im going to die and then end up having an emergency sleep in case my body is shutting down on me. Now i know it isn't my body, it's my mind, so i can over-rule that.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#289132 - 05/27/09 07:23 PM Re: Anxiety [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

Some of these problems are also associated with depression. I think it would be a good idea if you had this checked out. If you are depressed, then the proper meds could do wonders for you. Many guys hate the idea of seeking help for depression - I know I did. But now I wish I had done this much earlier. It would have saved me a lot of trouble and grief.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#289139 - 05/27/09 08:36 PM Re: Anxiety [Re: roadrunner]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Some of these could also be associated with an allergy to various pollens or molds. Have you had a wet Spring there? I remember that it snowed there at least once this past Winter too. Are you gaining weight or loosing it? It is pretty normal to gain some weight in the few years after high school too. I was 175 lbs as a senior in high school and 215 lbs at the age of 21 even though I stayed the same height. Certainly some of these could be attributable to depression too, and you have been under a fair amount of stress with studying for your finals lately too.

See if your doctor would prescribe you some Lexapro or something similar for depression. It will take between 2 and 4 weeks of taking the product daily to notice much of an improvement. Some anti-depressants can make you feel like you've drunk way too much coffee at first but over time that side-effect will go away. Taking Lexapro or another drug might also help you concentrate better on your studies. There are also anti-anxiety medications available too, but perhaps I would try to start with a lower-dose anti-depressant like Lexapro first.

Hope that you are feeling better soon,

Mark

#289141 - 05/27/09 08:47 PM Re: Anxiety [Re: roadrunner]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

My doctors don't give medicine for things like that, not unless you can prove that you only have a minute to live.

I'm not depressed. I just have alot to deal with right now.

I think that there are some things that i have to do.

There are some things that i must do Larry, and i will, because it's important, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#289144 - 05/27/09 08:57 PM Re: Anxiety [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

No my weights been fine, and the weather is normal. But like i said doctors near me only give drugs as a very last resort. And i am not going to grovel like they want you to, i have some self respect. Doctors treat people with very little respect in that sense. In America, and seemingly England, it seems different. I also find that doctors don't listen to me, i guess because i'm not 40yrs old therefore can be easily pushed aside- lessen the workload (we don't pay for healthcare in the same way that America does), and i don't have physical signs of distress so it is hard to be taken seriously. Maybe i should consider wearing my underwear on my head, and take a dead pet fish in a bag and see if they take me seriously then. Really, i have very little respect for that profession.

#289454 - 05/30/09 12:32 AM . [Re: king tut]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:36 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.