Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63118 Topics
441400 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#291910 - 06/16/09 03:46 PM Re: Do you tip servers? [Re: FormerTexan]
GentleSoul Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Manhattan
Thanks fellas for the very interesting perspectives. I usually am very generous because I believe highly in karma - you get back what you put out.

#293617 - 06/30/09 04:00 AM Re: Do you tip servers? [Re: GentleSoul]
lostcowboy Offline

Loc: North Texas
If a sandwich shop has a "tip" jar by the register, the owner is stealing from his employees. In the US if the employee can get tips then the owner does not have to pay minimum wages. When I go to a subway shop, I stand and go through the line, and take the food to my table, get my drink, take my trash to the trashcan, I don't expect to pay a tip, so I don't. If they should put a tip jar by the register, I am going to start giving them hell. If I go to a all you can eat buffet, I will normally give a tip, if they bring something to the table, and I see that they also clean the tables.
Most people leave the tip on the table, but I have learned something from my wife who is much older than me. Being that we are disabled we give ether one dollar for each person at the table or ten percent of the bill which ever is larger. Anyway when we are ready to leave my wife will call the waitress over, and personally give her the tip and thank her for giving us such good service. She does this even if we didn't get that good of a service. But I have noticed it don't take long for them to start remembering her and giving excellence service. I do believe the waitresses like that personal thank you even more that tip.

True story, about 20 years ago me and the wife were on the way to las vegas, we stopped at this truck stop to get coffee. The counter was full so we got a table. We got our coffee, but our waitress went in the back and did not come back out to give a refill. I finally got up with the two cups and headed to the counter, where I was properly served by the other waitress. My waitress finally came with my bill for the two cups of coffee. At which point I put a penny on the table and gave the other waitress a five dollar bill while the first waitress saw it. The next time I saw my mom again I told her this story, expecting her to agree with me, (She was a old time waitress). Instead she told me that I had made a mistake, she said you should not have left the penny. It seems that in the depression, leaving a penny was code for (you have given me excellent service but I cannot pay you for it at this time.) So if you have bad service don't leave a penny!

#294214 - 07/04/09 02:50 PM Re: Do you tip servers? [Re: lostcowboy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
laugh I once knew some guys who talked about tipping cows. laugh

#294322 - 07/05/09 05:56 PM Re: Do you tip servers? [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
laugh I once knew some guys who talked about tipping cows. laugh

you're a funny guy smile

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.