Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Bluedogone, Shockwave, 86), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441981 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289334 - 05/29/09 02:29 AM The Power's Out
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Hi guys. I know some of you read my last thread about how I was afraid of the dark. Now something has happened and I'm scared shitless. About a hour ago I was watching tv when all of a sudden all the power went out. At first I thought my parents forgot to pay the bill but as I looked outside I realized that all 15 or so houses on my cul-de-sac were completely dark. I didn't exactly expect any lights to be on in their houses seeing as how it was past 1 in the morning but then I noticed that even the street lights were out along with the little lamps above some of my neighbors doors.

I'm sitting outside on my stoop right now typing this out on my iPhone and I'm scared to go back inside. At least before when I was afraid of the dark I had the small comfort of knowing I could turn the lights on if i got too scared but now I don't and I don't know when they'll come back on. Even my nightlight is out.

Ok, I can get through this. I know I can. I'll just stay outside a little longer then I'll go in. Wish me luck. Thanks for reading.

Terrick

#289336 - 05/29/09 02:34 AM Re: The Power's Out [Re: Clockwise]
mojo_lincoln Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
man, that sucks. if you can't find a flashlight or candles, maybe you can download that iphone flashlight app that just lights up the screen of your iphone?

hopefully the power will return soon! hang in there man.

#289405 - 05/29/09 06:10 PM Re: The Power's Out [Re: mojo_lincoln]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Hi Terrick,

I can imagine how scary this has been for you. But there's one thing that's going absolutely right: you're talking about things. That can make all the difference, since it's the first step towards so many other steps in your recovery. Hang in there.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#289417 - 05/29/09 07:55 PM Re: The Power's Out [Re: roadrunner]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I guess the good news is that the power did come back on. The bad news is that I ended up staying up all night and not going to sleep until almost 10 in the morning. The power went out around 1 and they cut it back on around 4 so I could have slept but my mom was getting up for work at 5 so I stayed up to wake her up and by then my night was shot. I went to sleep at around 10 and woke up fod the second time at 5 pm. Tonight is gonna suck.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.