Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443353 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#289230 - 05/28/09 11:24 AM Where are our chat room rules posted?
KeithC Offline

Loc: Southeastern USA
Hi guys. I can't find our room rules. I have read them before so I know they exist. Specifically our rules on threatening suicide. It's a very well written policy. I am continually being harassed at another recovery site by a member who nightly seizes control of the room threatening suicide. It has become exasperating. I can't stand being manipulated like that.

Thanks!

If we don't change our direction we are likely to end up where we are headed. Ancient Chinese Proverb

#289234 - 05/28/09 11:30 AM Re: Where are our chat room rules posted? [Re: KeithC]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Good question, i can't find the chat ones either...

The forum rules for the boards can be found in the malesurvivor forum, they are at the top of the list, and one is specifically on suicide

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#289241 - 05/28/09 12:26 PM Re: Where are our chat room rules posted? [Re: king tut]
KeithC Offline

Loc: Southeastern USA
Thank you sooo much King Tut!

Keith

If we don't change our direction we are likely to end up where we are headed. Ancient Chinese Proverb

#289250 - 05/28/09 01:54 PM Re: Where are our chat room rules posted? [Re: KeithC]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
here they are copied and pasted from the family & friends forum version.

Quote:
--The same guidelines about "acting out" and "hooking up" apply to survivors..... in the chat. It is the position of MaleSurvivor that ANY sexual connection initiated here, whether implied or actual, is counterproductive to the spirit and goals of this website. If sexual chat comes to the attention of the moderator team you may be banned from the site. If you are uncomfortable with someone else's behavior in chat, please tell a moderator.

the main chat guidelines dispensed to everyone who registers here, apply in chat as well. please take them seriously. we are not a hook up site. our focus, as stated on our marquee banner: overcoming sexual victimization of boys and men.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.