Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
2 registered (highflight, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63851 Topics
445847 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286728 - 05/08/09 09:07 AM Burn Bridges Burn
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
If you burn enough
enough bridges
You become and island

Now my island needs a name

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#286731 - 05/08/09 09:20 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: Still]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Huh, that is so very true, i've never thought of it like that before, i like the way you describe it. Sometimes i think we do need time for ourselves, but obviously isolation is never good. Maybe when you feel differently you could make a verse about building bridges? or swimming the gap? just a thought, and only when it feels true to you.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286834 - 05/09/09 06:36 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: king tut]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

I like Lewis' approach. Maybe the task of rebuilding bridges is more important than that of naming the island?

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#288851 - 05/25/09 10:48 PM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: roadrunner]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
From this island
All I can do

All I can do is scream
Scream for help
Scream for materials
Scream for a hammer and nails

From this Island
All I can do

All I can do will never be enough to save myself.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#288859 - 05/26/09 12:27 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: Still]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

I'm so sorry you're in this rough spot right now. I know there's not a lot that words can do to help, but I hope you will try to see that your worth as a father, friend and man is not tarnished one bit by what others do to harm you. And it's that person that the loved ones in your life need and look up to. They don't expect miracles - they accept you as you are.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#288882 - 05/26/09 07:10 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: roadrunner]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Rob,

Just hold on we will rebuild the bridge from this side.

Sometimes in life it is adviseable to burn bridges when you are sure that you will not be going back in that direction again. There have been times in life when I have come to the realization that a certain relationship has run it couarse. Such as with certain jobs or my involvement in AA. There comes a point in life to move on and leave those people,places,and things behind. and it is always difficult to make this decission and we feel a sense of loss at first. But with time you realize you have made a major decision to enable you to grow as a man.

Plus you have alot on your plate right now. No wonder you feel so lost.

Wish you the best.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#288913 - 05/26/09 11:58 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: michael banks]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
Ok, Robbie, I'm pouring some concrete to support the pylons that will hold up the bridge going from my island to yours (writing you this post). Please do pour some concrete over on your side and start driving in the bridge pylons and let's see if we can meet you in the middle (write us either some posts or PMs, and let us know what is happening in your life as much as you can stand to write and as often as you can stand to write it). I think you will find the writing to be therapeutic. I will be leaving the US on Saturday to go to the Middle East for a while, but I will write back if I can get internet access in my destination country.
We do care, and we are listening.
Please, tell us what we can do to be supportive.
Please remember, bridges do take time to construct, and to repair. Please try to do both, and patiently keep on with both processes. The emotional and relational rewards for doing so will come in time.
One of my friends here at MS is named "nomanisanisland", and his name is well chosen.
Let the bridge building begin!

"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#288915 - 05/26/09 12:12 PM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: Still]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
rob, the bridges at male survivor are cast in the strongest steel. arising from the ashes of the firey crucibles of pain and suffering they are made of human hands with and hearts and spirits whose unsinkable fortitude have withstood the test of time. they cannot be destroyed by fire, wind or sinking sand. we rock, and we are rock, for each other, in good times and bad. you are not alone. prayers are going out for your peace and integrity.

#289033 - 05/27/09 03:40 AM Re: Burn Bridges Burn [Re: Sans Logos]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
An island in a quiet lake could be a peaceful place to relax and contemplate. I saw a good deal on a surplus floating bridge somewhere recently. If you can get to work cutting the trees then you can build a raft. Or maybe you could build a ferryboat and charge the tourists to cross.

Maybe you could call your island Bridgeport? Or how about Brown's Ferry?

We are still here on the near shore, my man, hoping that we can help you find your way back home. Do you see that light in the distance? That light is us. Together we can find our freedom.

This means you too,

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.