Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
8 registered (TJ jeff, JayBro, I Want 2 Thrive, On The Fringe, 4 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62553 Topics
438316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#288962 - 05/26/09 06:10 PM Re-Programming vs. Submissiveness
wifeofsurvivor Offline

I really would like to be the Submissive little wife that allows her husband to be the head of the family. HOWEVER, I often feel I am trying to reprogram his brain for what is "normal" in my eyes. This makes me feel like a badgering old lady instead of encouraging him to be the leader.

Do you re-train or just be submissive and let him learn on his own.

#288985 - 05/26/09 08:54 PM Re: Re-Programming vs. Submissiveness [Re: wifeofsurvivor]
sweet-n-sour Offline

Loc: chicago
Dear wos:

I think in a healthy marriage the recipe is somewhere in the range of equal parts. Normal has a variety of definitions and what you may view as normal, may be far from it by someone else's standards. A lot has to do with how we were raised and if that too leads towards ab-normal then the scale is way off balance, yes? Instead of looking at this as one way or the other, why not instead invent your own life together? I suspect you both will find much happiness and great satisfaction in creating an entirely different path to walk hand in hand, side by side.

As far as re-training anyone, I just can't understand this concept. I believe in my heart of all hearts in just loving "as is" but setting strong boundaries for issues that do not bring honor to the relationship. Aside from that, life is a learning experience for us all, survivor or non-survivor.

S-n-S

cm 2007

#288986 - 05/26/09 09:14 PM Re: Re-Programming vs. Submissiveness [Re: sweet-n-sour]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I think trying to change or re-train or reprogram is a recipe for disaster.

It's my opinion that eventually such attempts will backfire and will be met with lots and lots of anger.

I know for me, the thought of anyone trying or attempting to manipulate or control me is the quick route to my anger hitting the ceiling.

It's a control issue, and from my time here...... most if not all survivors have them.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.