Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
1 registered (lapchinj), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#301487 - 09/03/09 02:27 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: S D Witwicky]
justplainme Offline

buying that book was the first step of my recovery. do it , its a solid piece of unbiased informaation of we survivors.

"Survivors need an opportunity to define their own sexuality in their own terms, rather than in reaction to the abuse, so that they stop allowing their offenders to have power over them sexually."

#301530 - 09/03/09 08:40 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: justplainme]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I have been reviewing many survivor books over the last two weeks and Victims No Longer sure is a really good book (as i already knew). I assisted Mike Lew when we set up a workshop over here back in January and he really does know how to work with survivors, he is not just a faceless professional of some kind. He is really caring and everything he does he does because he really cares.

When i get chance i will put up a little list of some of the books which i spent time reviewing and which i thought were top quality. There is a group of books that, in my opinion, are really good and deserve a mention here.

I had a chance to look through lots of books and there were some which were really no good (actually damaging to a survivor- and it wasn't a matter of things in it being just inaccurate but being wrong and complete rubbish fundamentally and often contradictory) which presented themselves as classic bestsellers written by experienced people so really be careful about the books you choose. Some books are written, basically, to big up the author, and the mix of good and completely bad information in those kind of books are dangerous to a survivor starting out.

Mike Lew is an author that you can trust!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#302340 - 09/09/09 03:44 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: king tut]
alexey Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Moscow, Russia
Hi, J.R.,

This is a great book. I read it and I reread it partially. It was a very powerful reading. I recommend this book, but it can be too informative, making it a table book for long time to read.

Peace,
Alexey

(")_(")
--------
When you feel all alone and unhappy, turn to you Inner Child and talk to Him.
You will see He can comfort you like nothing else!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.