Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444536 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#290080 - 06/03/09 01:30 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi everyone. I just received "Victims No Longer" and "Beyond Betrayal" in the mail. I will try and start my journey, hoping I
can manage myself throughout this undertaking.

J.R.

#290087 - 06/03/09 02:06 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
hoping I can manage myself throughout this undertaking

oh don't worry about that jr, we'll help you. you don't have to do this by yourself, remember?

wink

#290148 - 06/03/09 09:38 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: Sans Logos]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Yes, thank you. I started reading the first chapter today, and came across the few pages of actions that I can relate to which survivors typically experience. I can not believe how much that section showed me how I am no different than those who wrote down
the actions.

J.R.

#290318 - 06/04/09 08:22 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I have borrowed this review of VICTIMS NO LONGER from another website. Thanks so much for writing this Robbie.

----------------------------------------------------------------

For me, Victims No Linger was literally a life-saver. The validation I received was invaluable.

The first book written specifically for men, Victims No Longer examines the changing cultural attitudes toward male survivors of incest and other sexual trauma. Now, in this Second Edition, this invaluable resource continues to offer compassionate and practical advice, supported by personal anecdotes and statements of male survivors. Victims No Longer helps survivors to:

Identify and validate their childhood experiences
Explore strategies of survival and healing
Work through issues such as trust, intimacy, and sexual confusion
Establish a support network for continued personal recovery
Make choices that aren’t determined by abuse
Psychotherapist Mike Lew has worked with thousands of men and women in their healing from the effects of childhood sexual abuse, rape, physical violence, emotional abuse, and neglect. The development of strategies for recovery from incest and other abuse, particularly for men, has been a major focus of his work as a counselor and group leader.

Thoroughly updated and revised, and including an expanded Resources section, Victims No Longer educates survivors and professionals about the recovery process — speaking to the pain, needs, fears, and hopes of the adult male survivor.

About the Author

Mike Lew, M.Ed., a psychotherapist and group therapy leader, is co-director of The Next Step Counseling and Training Center in Newton Centre, MA. He provides public lectures, professional trainings, and workshops for survivors nationwide, and he has appeared on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” “Sally Jessy Raphael,” and many other television and radio programs.

#290339 - 06/04/09 11:29 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: Trucker51]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Like you, this book is how I am still breathing. For me, it proved that there were others on the planet that feel as I do about events in my childhood that I had no business knowing about.

When Mike Lew came to Australia to conduct some Victims No Longer workshops - I just had to be there. Thank god that I did get there.

Now I am on my way to being able to redeem the time that I have left, and to be able to face tomorrow when it has been so hard in the past, just facing today.

Thanks again Mike

ADen

#291210 - 06/11/09 10:00 AM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: expom]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just wanted to inform everyone that I told my Therapist that Male Survivor recommended 'Victims No Longer' and asked her opionion on it. She said she never heard of it, but she would read it, and let me know what she thought. Well, she gave me the best reviews possible and said I should finish reading it ASAP.

Must be a really good book then!

J.R.

#291222 - 06/11/09 10:55 AM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
Must be a really good book

it is referred to as the survivors bible; LOL can't get much gooder than that i suppose

#291224 - 06/11/09 11:00 AM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: J.R.
I just wanted to inform everyone that I told my Therapist that Male Survivor recommended 'Victims No Longer' and asked her opionion on it. She said she never heard of it, but she would read it, and let me know what she thought. Well, she gave me the best reviews possible and said I should finish reading it ASAP.

Must be a really good book then!

J.R.

Aside from thinking what the hell kind of self-respecting therapist treating CSA survivors *hadn't* read this book through 19 years and two editions, better late than never that she gave the book the thumbs-up.

#291341 - 06/12/09 02:43 PM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: ComicBookGuy]
J.R. Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, I think the area I live in, the Center has more female victims that come for services than men, so they are more familiar with the "Courage to Heal" series.

J.R.

#292020 - 06/17/09 03:06 AM Re: Victims No Longer [Re: J.R.]
S D Witwicky Offline

Loc: Northern Cali
I bought a used copy off Barnes and Nobles.com two months ago and haven't put it down sense.
It's given me the courage to continue getting help so I highly recommend it.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.