Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (SJC, cant_remember, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#288963 - 05/26/09 06:16 PM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: christianfather]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
Meet Gene, my Teddy

#288968 - 05/26/09 06:37 PM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: christianfather]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I was cutting cement all day and the first thing I did when I got home was pick up my stuffed tiger and give him a big ole hug. Now he's covered in cement dust but it made me feel a thousand times better.

I tell people at work that I have a stuffed tiger named Hobbes and they get a kick out of it. Most of them will admit to having some sort of fuzzy comforting item, whether it's a teddy, a blanket, or a certain pair of pajama pants. I think most people have fuzzy comfortables but will never admit it.

#289006 - 05/27/09 12:05 AM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: Riley]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
Thanx for the feedback guys. BTW, for anyone confused, I started this thread as "blueshift" but changed my account for better internet privacy and am now Jaifian.

I will try to feel better about my bear. He's actually more of a dog.

I had the same issue with crying but I got over that almost too well, so I guess I can get over the teady thing.

I made a funny video with my teady dog a few months ago. It's on u tube, but I'm debating with myself about posting the link.

I'm thinking a masturbating teady bear movie probably wouldn't be appropriate to post a link to here, but my friends all howled when I showed it to them! grin

Edited by Jaifian (09/08/09 12:10 PM)

#289007 - 05/27/09 12:07 AM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: Jaifian]
Jaifian Offline

Loc: washington state, USA
BTW, I love your artwork, Lewis! Your simple style is really elloquent. I hope you entered something into that survivor art show they had a few months ago. I was going to but didn't get to it.

Edited by Jaifian (09/08/09 12:11 PM)

#290561 - 06/06/09 08:41 PM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: Jaifian]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Your drawing is wonderful, Lewis. And the caption says it all. All this is so important in the good work you are doing towards your recovery.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#290759 - 06/08/09 10:30 AM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: Riley]
jls Offline

Hi Riley,

I have a real live Hobbes living with me in the form of an orange cat, whom I get great comfort from. Mind you I don't hug him too hard. He doesn't seem to like that:)

#290814 - 06/08/09 05:08 PM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: jls]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Haha, thats awesome jls. Is he a smart ass like Calvins buddy.

#290841 - 06/08/09 09:34 PM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: Riley]
jls Offline

He's a big time smart ass. Funny thing is if I knew how his personality was going to develop I would have named him Calvin rather than Hobbes, given how hyperactive he is. That's an orange cat for you I guess.

#291377 - 06/13/09 12:46 AM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: jls]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Pooh bear is with me every night.....and sometimes attends my group meetings.
If someone is visiting, I tend to hide him on a shelf in the closet for fear of embarassment.

Chris

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#291385 - 06/13/09 01:22 AM Re: Teddy Bears [Re: G5]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Jaifian,
Thanks for asking this question in your post. In answer, I think it is reasonable and healthy to nurture the sensitive side of our characters. (Especially after all, we have been through.) We have already been tough enough to get through the SA in the first place. I don't think you have any thing that you need to prove to anybody.

I said this before in "off topic: teddybears" and I shall quote myself for the benefit of this conversation.
"Nothing wrong with a teddy bear or any other stuffed animal. On a rather deep emotional level it is very comforting and healing. When we are young we use items like this to practice showing care, compassion, and nurturing. As we age we redirect those skills toward pets, and other humans. However, nothing says that we must give up those items. When I first started dealing with my CSA, I was twenty years old and I felt the need to have a small stuffed animal. I went to a store and bought a cheap racoon stuffed animal. I stood there and chose which one I wanted. I got some funny looks - this rough lookin dude on his way home from the factory buyin a stuffed animal. I loved it - it messed with their minds. I told the cashier I was "doing something nice for somebody." I didnt have to tell her it was me.

I later found my teddy bear in storage over at my parents' house (I had moved out when I was 18). It was mine since I was 3. I still have it. It is 38 years old now. I have a rubber ducky that sits on the dash of my car (and yes, it squeaks).

My family bought me a "Webkinz" owl (they know I like owls), which I use as my avatar.

I spend my day showing compassion to people in need and then nurturing my family; and still appreciate having a soft stuffed animal (or 4 or 5) around. I am a notably mature professional, husband and father; someone would be hard pressed to identify a negative trait here."

...and yes, sometimes I do play games on "Webkins".

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.