Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
5 registered (john22, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443025 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#288623 - 05/23/09 07:59 PM MEMORIAL DAY
petercorbett Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
GREETINGS FROM TEXAS.

MY DEAREST BROTHERS IN PAIN, I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU FOR A MOMENT OR TWO TO REMEMBER OTHER BROTHERS OF MINE.

i HAVE BROTHERS AND FAMILY HERE, RIGHT NOW, RIGHT HERE.

I ALSO HAVE ANOTHER BAND OF BROTHERS, MY MILITARY BROTHERS.

MONDAY IS MEMORIAL DAY. A DAY WHEN WE HONOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS.

THE WW1 GROUP IS GONE.

THE WW2 GROUP IS FADING FAST.

THE KOREA GROUP IS ALSO FADING FAST.

BUT A TINY BIT SLOWER IS MY GROUP, THE VIETNAM GROUP.

AND WE HAVE NEWER GROUPS TODAY.

I BEG OF YOU TO TRY AND PUT YOUR PAIN ASIDE, AND SAY A PRAYER FOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS.

SALUTE THE FLAG, BUY A POPPY, BUT REMEMBER OUR FALLEN.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.

THANKS AND HEAL WELL MY BROTHERS IN PAIN.

PETE (IRISHMOOSE) VIETNAM JULY 68-JULY 69.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#288628 - 05/23/09 09:02 PM Re: MEMORIAL DAY [Re: petercorbett]
Charlie24 Offline

Pete thank you and thank you to all the men and women who have made this country so great. Thank you for keeping me safe at night, allowing me to go to bed each night in a safe country. Thank you also for FREEDOM!!!!!. God bless you all.

Charlie.

#288669 - 05/24/09 09:36 AM Re: MEMORIAL DAY [Re: Charlie24]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Today, I'm off to put a poppy on my grams grave. She taught me to be a fighter, to hold my head high no matter what. She could always get me to smile no matter what abuses I suffered the night before; she was respected and loved in our neighborhood. I saw her scold anyone who was out of line no matter how dangerous they looked. She welcomed anyone and everyone my uncles managed to cross paths with, inside for Sunday dinner, from the homeless to the Hells Angels.

She was an army corp nurse from 1943-1945. She saw the beaches of normandy and the fields of France. She was among the first women to be on the battlefield in history. From 1945-1990, she worked at the Veterans Hospital till she was 65. She passed away of liver failer in 2003.

Every memorial day I spent the day with her at the VA. She said that I should know what goes into our freedom and I should personally thank them for serving our country.

My prayers go out to her and all the other veterans and those serving now, Thank you.

#288675 - 05/24/09 11:36 AM Re: MEMORIAL DAY [Re: petercorbett]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Yes, thanks for the reminder Peter. It's a good idea to reflect upon the brave men and women of our nations military who have fallen for a cause greater than themselves and for those who live in the country that they loved so much. And thank you for your service to our country. All of the ultimate sacrifices that have been made for the sake of our country does really put into perspective our own struggles.

From a fellow veteran,
Casmir

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.