Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
aleja (40), bc22 (47), DavidMI (40), Forrest_Gump (39), Jay1946 (68), Malc4 (29), mpm01 (49), widpaulman (43)
Who's Online
4 registered (PhoenixRising, bcl092, 2 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63571 Topics
444156 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#288580 - 05/23/09 11:23 AM First suit
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I want to buy my first suit this summer, and want to get it from somewhere that makes sure it fits properly and looks good.

I don't know what kind of suit i want yet, probably black i think. I'm not sure what i will use it for yet, but i want it.

Any suit ideas for me?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#288581 - 05/23/09 11:33 AM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Go retro Lewis! 70's plaid jackets and pants are back in style now. Distinguish yourself!

#288582 - 05/23/09 11:49 AM Re: First suit [Re: Hauser]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
How about a nice grey pinstrip wool. Could be worn anywhere.

R

#288583 - 05/23/09 01:03 PM Re: First suit [Re: Freedom49]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hauser, your idea is...well, lets just move on to the next idea lol

I checked out grey pinstrip wool suits on google and they do seem pretty good, i looked around and i can't see any better yet.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#288593 - 05/23/09 02:33 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

I would tell you to go to a local Men's Warehouse franchise, but you're in the UK. Hey, talk to Larry, he knows where to get a suit, I'm sure.

#288595 - 05/23/09 02:37 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Lewis,

I sold suits. You're best bet is to go with a Navy classic cut in wool with silk lining in a three button jacket (wool & silk breathe, synthetic fabrics are hot)- and French pleated trouser with cuff. THAT never goes out of style. You can dress that up - you can go high end classy - you can go funky young & fun, all with the same suit. You can also go casual with it by pairing it with a nice silk crew neck pullover.

Buy it from a men's store that offers alterations on the spot - you'll likely have to pay a little more, but precisely because they charge for alterations they will make sure that your suit looks like it was tailored just for you.

Price? Four hundred Pounds tops!

#288597 - 05/23/09 03:05 PM Re: First suit [Re: joelRT]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the tips Joel you really seem to know your stuff!

I don't think Larry is much of a suit wearer himself but i will ask him, i think you are right that he will know some good places to buy suits from, and then hopefully i will have a more local branch near me

#288600 - 05/23/09 03:12 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I think that you need an off-white suit, like the one that William Dafoe's character wore in the Harrison Ford movie Clear and Present Danger, complete with a matching hat, and some loud Hawaiian or Cuban shirts to go with it. I also have a white suit and on occasion enjoy mixing my white dinner jacket with black pants and a black mock neck golf shirt. I dressed that way for a formal dinner on Holland America and the doorman smiled and waved my wife and I in when he was turning-down slick guys wearing Docker's and polos. I have an old John Wayne movie where he dresses in a white suit in some south pacific non-military role too.

Just a thought,

Mark

#288604 - 05/23/09 03:18 PM Re: First suit [Re: Trucker51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I was thinking about a white suit lol, just to go crazy with it, but i doubt i would ever actually wear it, although if i had enough money i would buy a white suit for special occassions. I also like the idea of a hat to go with a suit, that is a real statement!

#288609 - 05/23/09 04:08 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

You'll be pimpin' Lewis!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.