Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (Nathan LaChine), 33 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#288580 - 05/23/09 11:23 AM First suit
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I want to buy my first suit this summer, and want to get it from somewhere that makes sure it fits properly and looks good.

I don't know what kind of suit i want yet, probably black i think. I'm not sure what i will use it for yet, but i want it.

Any suit ideas for me?

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#288581 - 05/23/09 11:33 AM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Go retro Lewis! 70's plaid jackets and pants are back in style now. Distinguish yourself!

#288582 - 05/23/09 11:49 AM Re: First suit [Re: Hauser]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
How about a nice grey pinstrip wool. Could be worn anywhere.

R

#288583 - 05/23/09 01:03 PM Re: First suit [Re: Freedom49]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hauser, your idea is...well, lets just move on to the next idea lol

I checked out grey pinstrip wool suits on google and they do seem pretty good, i looked around and i can't see any better yet.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#288593 - 05/23/09 02:33 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

I would tell you to go to a local Men's Warehouse franchise, but you're in the UK. Hey, talk to Larry, he knows where to get a suit, I'm sure.

#288595 - 05/23/09 02:37 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Lewis,

I sold suits. You're best bet is to go with a Navy classic cut in wool with silk lining in a three button jacket (wool & silk breathe, synthetic fabrics are hot)- and French pleated trouser with cuff. THAT never goes out of style. You can dress that up - you can go high end classy - you can go funky young & fun, all with the same suit. You can also go casual with it by pairing it with a nice silk crew neck pullover.

Buy it from a men's store that offers alterations on the spot - you'll likely have to pay a little more, but precisely because they charge for alterations they will make sure that your suit looks like it was tailored just for you.

Price? Four hundred Pounds tops!

#288597 - 05/23/09 03:05 PM Re: First suit [Re: joelRT]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for the tips Joel you really seem to know your stuff!

I don't think Larry is much of a suit wearer himself but i will ask him, i think you are right that he will know some good places to buy suits from, and then hopefully i will have a more local branch near me

#288600 - 05/23/09 03:12 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I think that you need an off-white suit, like the one that William Dafoe's character wore in the Harrison Ford movie Clear and Present Danger, complete with a matching hat, and some loud Hawaiian or Cuban shirts to go with it. I also have a white suit and on occasion enjoy mixing my white dinner jacket with black pants and a black mock neck golf shirt. I dressed that way for a formal dinner on Holland America and the doorman smiled and waved my wife and I in when he was turning-down slick guys wearing Docker's and polos. I have an old John Wayne movie where he dresses in a white suit in some south pacific non-military role too.

Just a thought,

Mark

#288604 - 05/23/09 03:18 PM Re: First suit [Re: Trucker51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

I was thinking about a white suit lol, just to go crazy with it, but i doubt i would ever actually wear it, although if i had enough money i would buy a white suit for special occassions. I also like the idea of a hat to go with a suit, that is a real statement!

#288609 - 05/23/09 04:08 PM Re: First suit [Re: king tut]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

You'll be pimpin' Lewis!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.