Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443383 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#28852 - 12/18/02 05:23 AM Lost my Job
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
What bad timing on getting laid off 2 weeks before Christmas but that's life. I will get 350 a week unemployment so the basic bills will be paid but the health insurance is a different story. No way can I come up with $650 per month so we have to go with out until I get a new job. Realy sad the way our health Insurance works here in the states.

Most people at work knew about my SA, I never called in sick but there where days when I shouldn.t have gone in, I was too stress out over SA issues. I went through 10 months of ups and downs during my recovery and finnaly felt things where going good.

In some ways it's best I am out of there because there where too many triggers at my work..We printed lots of books for St, Marys Press and all the printing for the Diocese of Winona. We where in the middle of printing the Seeds of Faith. The church is going after money and we where printing the manual on how to get money out of the people.Ya I could be doing just fine at work and then the churchs printing would be in my face,couldn't get away from it. I had a few meltdowns at work just doing my job.
Time to move on to something new. Muldoon

#28853 - 12/18/02 08:30 AM Re: Lost my Job
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Muldoon,

There is something called COBRA, where employers have to let you pay what your health insurance benefit cost when you were employed, I think it has to be offered for up to a year after being laid-off. I don't know if this applies to you or not.

Bad timing... sheez, hang in there.

-jer

#28854 - 12/18/02 11:46 AM Re: Lost my Job
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Muldoon, I just ditto what Matt says, and hope that what Jer is talking about, or something similar, might apply to you. Take care thru the holidays & beyond.

Wuame

#28855 - 12/18/02 01:33 PM Re: Lost my Job
zadok1 Offline

Loc: Ohio
i am sorry you lost your job. hang in there, you can get through it.

#28856 - 12/18/02 04:43 PM Re: Lost my Job
Roy Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Good luck Muldoon, the whole job thing, getting one, keeping one, losing one, can be very stressful. Like everyone else said, maybe its for the best you get out of there. Even if you are eligible for COBRA, you still have to make the payments. The good news is that you get to pay the group rate, the amount your employer was paying for you, instead of the rate for an individual plan.

#28857 - 12/18/02 05:15 PM Re: Lost my Job
Mark S Offline

Loc: England
Mulddon

As everyone says good luck on the Job Hunting front.

It certainly seems you are better out of there, (it may be a God send, excuse the pun). Seriously with all the revelations recently regarding the church, both in the U.S. and here in the U.K. it wouldn't hurt them to start funding therapy for the people abused by it's Priest's

I don't think there is an ideal way of funding health. Over here in the U.K. our NHS (free at the point of delivery) is far from adequate. It has been under funded since it's conception in the 1940's. Now one of our political parties is fairly honest and wants to privatise it, the next wont put up taxes to fund it, and is privatising it anyway and the third hasn't a hope in hell of being elected, (they are a bit like Ralph Nader).

Still keep smiling and don't let the basterds get you down. ;\)

Mark S

#28858 - 12/19/02 02:47 PM Re: Lost my Job
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Thanks guys for your words. My cobra cost is 650 per month and I have to come up with it by tomorrow. Will have to do some thinken tonight about what to do. Health Care in MN has gotten very expensive.
Spent my free time yesterday in Hastings dealing with issues of my 2nd perp. My freshman english teacher who raped me at 14YO in 1964. Mr S. got away with his evil for 6 more years until 1970. It finnaly all got up to him ,he left school went home and shoot him self. In 1970 the school superentent let the evil continual until there was over 10 victims that came forward over 4 months. That just blows my mind that the school would let victim after victim come forward and do nolthing to stop the evil.
I am in the middle of maken a post about this more later. Thanks again Muldoon

#28859 - 12/19/02 03:08 PM Re: Lost my Job
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
Best of luck, my friend.

#28860 - 12/19/02 03:54 PM Re: Lost my Job
Les_Angry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Everything is going to work out o.k., its easy to worry in times like this.

I'm on job number 7 now since I remembered the abuse in May of 1998. About 18 months of that time was spent on unemployment or disability.

Somehow everything seems to work out o.k. I still seem to be able to make my mortgage payment and the two car payments somehow. If your not a bible hater try reading Matthew 6:24-34, it gets me through.

I dont exactly want to frame my credit report and put it over the fireplace for display these days, but everybody has to go into survival mode sometimes. You are a survivor and some people didn't make it as far as you have.

Watch out for bad feelings in these kind of times, but realize they will disappear the day you start your new job. I try not to define myself by my job title or fico score anymore.

Les_Angry

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.