Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (Obi, bluesky), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64190 Topics
447932 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#287389 - 05/13/09 07:28 PM The Myth of Perfection
Tedure Offline

Loc: Utah
We do not need to be perfect in this life. Christ himself set the standard and He repeated it four times in the Gospels and yet many of us miss it. It is truly a hidden treasure that I would like to share.

We first need to combine two accounts of Christ dealings with Mary. The first is recorded in Mark 14:3-9 when Jesus is chastising the apostles for getting after Mary for anointing Him with the costly ointment. “Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her?... She has done what she could…(combine this with Luke’s account)…Her sins, which are many, are forgiven: for she loved much… (Luke 7:47)

We must Love Much and do the best we can. Perfection means COMPLETE, We will be complete...Perfect in the next life because of the Atonement.

How do you know if you have done your very best?

You will have a feeling of PEACE. Remember Peace is the only feeling Satan can not duplicate and Christ is the Prince of Peace. “My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid.”

I know this is true.

I also know that someone else’s best may not be the same as mine. Some days my best is not so good. Some days I stumble. Some days I go backwards. I do not give up even though like Mary, my sins are many. He has not given up on me.

“Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands” (Isa 49:16) “I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matt 28:20)

The remnants of my storm are always with me like a quiet breeze in my mind. They will never leave. I fight the storm every day.

My job is to Love much and do the best I can.

The need for LOVE is as strong as the need for air or food. It is a basic need for every child born on this earth. If the Love needs are not met the child or adult will strive in a negative way to meet those needs. Many will cycle into addictions. Some will survive and some will not. I have been blessed. I survived...with God's help.

Edited by Tedure (06/05/09 10:41 PM)

#287441 - 05/14/09 05:51 AM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: Tedure]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Tedure,

Thank you for the timely reminder that perfection is not obtainable here on earth, but that our Lord's Peace is a Gift.

I say timely because I am approaching Step 2 in my recovery from sex addiction. Your post has great meaning to me.

God Bless,
Jim

My Story

#287448 - 05/14/09 08:17 AM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: Jim1961]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
Thank you Tedure for your timely post.

Having experienced the storm myself I look for the evidence that the road I travel in recovery is not in error. You have given me that.

IHN
Bill

#287616 - 05/15/09 06:23 PM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: Juni]
Tedure Offline

I am glad to here of the great healing going on and good choices your making because I know how hard it can be..Well trials that don't kill us will make us stronger!! Here is another quote I like;

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them. (Ether 12:27)

Keep happy,

Ted

Edited by Tedure (06/05/09 10:42 PM)

#288034 - 05/19/09 08:11 AM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: Tedure]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
I like that one Ted.

I think I will visit there.

IHN
Bill

#288051 - 05/19/09 11:22 AM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: Juni]
mrd Offline

speaking to perfection: God didnt make any mistakes we are all prefect for our designed place (purpose). However when we step out of that place, and this world has many devises to get us out of place hence we become imperfect. Perfection is possible here, on this side, only if we all help each other to our proper places. The price is high, without God it is unattainable

peace
mrd

Edited by mrd (05/19/09 11:24 AM)

#288065 - 05/19/09 01:04 PM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: mrd]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
mrd,

Was not Christ sent into the world in all of his perfection. Because we in our sin nature are incapatable of perfection.
That he who was perfect and knew no sin could take our place and take upon himself the punishment for the sins of the imperfect.

Are we not by our very nature ( as the son's of man "Adam") born into sin and sinful by our very nature . Not soley as a result of being in the world or it's influence on us. Is not blaming the world for our sins or imperfections nothing but a cope out.

And is not our proper place, being the children of God.To admitt our imperfections (sin)(which to me means that I have take responsibility for my own actions (sin)) and our need for the perfection of Jesus Christ. Which is the only way to God and enternal life. So to me perfection is obtained only from God and thru no other way.

In my relationship with God as it is in recovery the most important thing is knowing who I truely am and acknowledging that fact,warts and all.

Was not Satan's sin one of pride. In his desire to be perfect like God. To be God.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#288106 - 05/19/09 05:37 PM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: michael banks]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
GODS WILL WILL NEVER TAKE YOU WHERE HIS GRACE WILL NOT PROTECT YOU

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#288179 - 05/20/09 11:51 AM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: wojax]
mrd Offline

Mike

Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered
and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey him (Hebrews 5:8,9 /niv)

perfection is a option, only if we ALL are in our proper place on this earth will we know it here. God in his wisdom knows some will and some will not take there place, therefore Jesus took his proper place and made the credit available to all who follow Him.

peace
mrd

#288328 - 05/21/09 07:04 PM Re: The Myth of Perfection [Re: mrd]
Tedure Offline

I really like everyone's comments and post. It all helps me see the kind hearts of my brothers!! Thanks!!

I cannot even put into words my gratitude for the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. We can not sink lower than the arms of the Atonement can reach us. (believe me I have sunk pretty low) He has saved me from my sins and the sins of my fathers. I have never felt closer to HIM.

I continue to pray for moral balance, peace and calm in my mind and life.
Keep Doing the best you can and love much!!.... Ted

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.