Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (teba, Tiger1982), 48 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#288446 - 05/22/09 11:33 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: Freedom49]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...

My Story

#288447 - 05/22/09 11:45 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: Freedom49]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Hi Didi,
Early on in my recovery I spent a while being angry at God and feeling that he had let me down. He didn't. I used to read my Bible and the tears would fall like raindrops on the pages as I read and prayed. I would go to receive the Blessed Sacrament and return to my pew and the tears rolled because my Jesus was present offering healing grace. Go look at the cross and ask him where he was when your Son was being molested. In His passion (sufferings) he has joined all humanity in our suffering. In His resurrection and ascension to the throne of heaven he goes before God the Father and there he intercedes for each one of us. When your son was being molested our Lord Jesus was beholding that atrocity and crying out for your son before God the Father.

Because of my painful experiences and healing I prepared myself to walk the shadows of life searching out devestated souls. I find them and companion them offering hope and courage. I find them alone and stay with them until they have a support network established. Could I do this if I had not experienced similar anguish? Now I know why God let this happen to me. Ive been there and can relate.

Click the link to a video I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK6v7pXlGQM&feature=related

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#288449 - 05/22/09 12:41 PM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: Shadow+Walker]
didi Offline

Loc: USA
Hello!

Between you and Joel, I do not know who makes me cry more! :/LOL

Thank you for your wise words, I appreciate it and eveyone here at MS.

Have a great weekend everyone!

XOXO

Didi

#288544 - 05/23/09 01:59 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: didi]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi everyone in pain & confusion.

Take it from this old Catholic boy. We sure do have our doubts about God. I was taken into a Catholic orphanage/home. Where I was safe.

But I have made 2 posts about my feelings toward that (missing) God.

I invite you to read Trusting God No Longer & Gods answer to Little Pete & big Pete.

But right here, right now I can tell you that I've found him, or maybe he found me, last weekend at a WOR in Georgia.

I had asked HIM for help in finding a lost boy. Yep, me the very person whom had denounced him.

As of right now I cannot fully explain on how he gave little Peter back to me.

I always remember ASKING for HIM & HIS MOTHER to please protect this young boy from harm. (I thought it never happened) again see my post Gods answer to the 2 Peters.

Maybe it's time for this lost boy, now a man to get down on his knees and THANK HIM for SOMETHING.

That's my take.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Edited by petercorbett (05/23/09 02:00 AM)
Edit Reason: spelling
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#288638 - 05/23/09 10:37 PM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: petercorbett]
cstjude Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Didi,

It is difficult for me to write these words. I am so deeply respectful of all the men and families and friends whose faith is part of healing. As an atheist, mine is the minority prespective and I acknowledge that. Nothing I write here is intended to offend any person of faith or to deliberately shake anyone's beliefs. I am simply offering a different perspective in answer to your question, "how do you believe in God after CSA?"

I have never believed in God. I am a confident and secure secular humanist. Therefore, I know it is possible to achieve healing without a theist faith of any kind. I only say this in case you might be feeling that reclaiming your faith is a necessary prerequisite to healing. If, in your journey, you decide that your faith in God is irrevocably lost, healing is still possible.

The question of how evil persists in a world presided over by a deity is a very old one. Epicurus (341-270 BC) posited a very powerful set of questions. Although a pre-Christian philosopher, his questions were applied to the Christian God by many 18th and 19th century thinkers.

If God is willing but not able to eliminate evil, then he is not omnipotent.
If God is able but not willing to eliminate evil, then he is malevolent.
If God is both able and willing to eliminate evil, then why does evil persist?
If God is neither able not willing to eliminate evil, then why call him God?

For me, Epicurus's old questions remain unanswered. I hope that whatever answers you arrive at for yourself bring you peace of mind and stength.

C.

#288656 - 05/24/09 01:02 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: cstjude]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
God create us in his image. He did not create us to be puppets on a string to do only as he willed for us to do. He gave every person born the right to choose right or wrong. So why do we feel the need to blame God for the decision and actions for what we or others choose to do in our lives.
Are we not responsible for our own actions?
Do we blame parents for the actions of their adult children?

There was a time when I was angry with God for allowing me to be born into a family. Where I had to suffer at the hands of those who supposely loved me. And allowing me to fall into the hands of Mr Candell who used me solely your his own gratification.

But today I believe that what I have suffered in my life were lessons so that one day. I could reach out and help those whom have suffered the same things that I have. To let them know that they are not alone and that there is hope and healing for what we have suffered.

I heard once that the love you are capable of feeling is in direct proportion to the pain you have suffered.

In the new testament Jesus teachs "To love your neighbor as yourself". If we all did this there would be no evil in the world. Because evil resides in each and everyone one of us and shows itself in pride,envy,anger,resentment,lust,greed etc.

God was/is not responsible for the abuse that I suffered as a child,my parents and Mr Candell are.

God gave me the strenght and courage to survive and then to heal.

When I was unable to walk. God carried me.

These are just my views and beliefs.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#288664 - 05/24/09 08:18 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: michael banks]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Some thoughts....

If you examine it closely you will see that it is not exactly a evenly matched yin and yang like many would have us believe or that Evil is stronger and is winning. Evil simply plays by different rules because its goals are different. Good is the true nature of the universe.

Evil is parasitic by it's very nature. It cannot exist on it's own. Any evil you can name is simply a perversion of something inherently good. Good is the true nature of the universe.

Evil is an attempt to kill, steal and destroy that good like a spiteful child who if he cannot have a toy will break it so no one will have it.

Underlying all of creation is good that has been corrupted. Things will be put right eventually but time must run its course and the great dance must be completed.

I do not understand all the steps. The melody sometimes escapes me too but I can see meaning if I look close enough. It is not hidden. I am just not wise enough to see it all.

Roger

Edited by Freedom49 (05/24/09 08:30 AM)

#288673 - 05/24/09 10:49 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: Freedom49]
didi Offline

Loc: USA
Hello Roger!

I tried to explain what you said to my son and he surprized me with his answer! I did not realize that he was actually "getting" what I was trying to say to him. This was his answer...

Oh I know Mama! Just like Anikon was good and he went over to the Dark Side and became Darth Vador...
Take care,

Didi

Edited by didi (05/24/09 10:50 AM)

#288676 - 05/24/09 11:48 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: didi]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Didi,
That's good, yeah sometimes pop culture gets it right. Every now and then some movie maker hits close enough to the truth that kids get it. That is why we guide the viewing of such.

Roger

#288911 - 05/26/09 11:54 AM Re: How do you believe in God after CSA??????????????? [Re: didi]
here4him Offline

Didi ,
I'm with you when, my mom died I thought I'd found "spirituality" I prayed for her release and thanked god for my blessings and for giving me the strength to do the things I've done. But when my husband finally revealed his abouse it dawned so heavily on me...yes adults make decisions that go aginst what god wants for us but of all the creatures to be protected in this world why does he not step in and save these children who may or may not have an adult looking out for them? All things happen for a reason usually there's a lesson...what lesson is learned by any party involved in these types of situations? My faith has slipped drastically......

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.