Newest Members
FredM88, Vermona, Jas52, oliviaavaxj, biboy24
12109 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
-Matt- (39), kevin1963 (51), Northwoods (61), rcb0973 (58), sportinrucks (29)
Who's Online
3 registered (Cam76, sentry, 1 invisible), 53 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12109 Members
73 Forums
62492 Topics
437997 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#286959 - 05/10/09 02:37 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: profryr1974]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Profryr1974,

But God allowed Jesus to be brutally beaten and put to death on a Roman cross. Not because he did not love his son or could not have stop it. But because thu Jesus obedience and acceptance to fulfill God's will. Thru Jesus's sarifice on that cross he took upon himself the debt we could not pay. To cleanse of us all of our sins even those that had not been committed bt those not yet born. For all those who have faith in Jesus Christ. So as I see it if I don't choose to believe in the sarifice of Jesus Christ for all sinners. Then it is I who have walked away from God and not the other way around.
In God's plan all things work out for those who love Jesus Christ. Bad thing happens to good people. Satan wants to bring down with him as many of God's children as he can.

"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities,against powers, against rhe rulers of the darkness of this age,against spiritual hosts of wickedness in heavenly places" (eph 6:12)nkj

Until you understand this nothing makes sense.

We need to stay focus on whom is our real enemy - SATAN.
The prince of light. The ruler of this world. And satan's greatest lie and victory is convincing mankind that he does not exist. He is the master of all lies.

For many years I was trapped in my anger at God for allowing me to be abused as a child. Today I have freedom from the pain and abuse that I suffered as a child. Because I became able to see his love for me. By the fact that he gave up his only son to die in my place for my sins. While I was still a sinner and sinning against him.

God gave me the strenght to survive and then to overcome the things that have happened to me in my life. And to learn how to use these things for the benefit of others who have suffered the same abuse isssues as I have had to in my life. Maybe this was why I suffered the things as a child. Everybody is useful to God evem if it is just to be a bad example for others.

Luke, thanks for leading me in the direct to open my bible tonight.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#287045 - 05/11/09 01:05 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: michael banks]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Guys, I sometimes feel like the man who fell into the hands of robbers. I was robbed as a child. I was robbed of my childhood, my innocense, my sense of security, and my sexual health. This is why I post this passage. Who was it that found me and cared for my wounds?

Luke 10:30-36

30 In reply Jesus said:
"A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.
31 A priest (religious official) happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a Levite (a man of esteemed position), when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But a Samaritan (a man of despised race), as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine (medicine). Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

36 "Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?"
NIV

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#288148 - 05/20/09 01:05 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: myboyhoodfears]
Daniel_forgotten Offline

No

#288156 - 05/20/09 02:45 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: Daniel_forgotten]
behindthewall Offline

Loc: US
Charlie

You know more about me than what I have posted because of our conversations. You know I was raised in cult. I was taught my Master was Satan. He was the one I bowed down to. God was the enemy.

I sat in church every Sunday listening to them ramble on about God. We had to go, it provided a good cover for what was really going on. My father was even a deacon for a while. After that church though, we'd go to my real church where we heard the "truth".

There were so many things growing up Charlie that I shouldn't have survived. There's no logical explanation why I did. A few times during those rituals I knew there was somebody there with me, telling me to hang on that I'd make it. I'm not saying it was God or anything but I know that's why I made it.

I don't have a relationship with God but I know hes there. I'm reading things that some of the guys here have told me to start with. I guess what I am trying to say is just keep an open mind. You said you don't know how to talk to God, I dont either really but I think I am making progress. Just be still, tell Him you're ready to hear and listen, not with your head but with your heart.

J

#288161 - 05/20/09 05:51 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: behindthewall]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Originally Posted By: behindthewall
There's no logical explanation why I did. A few times during those rituals I knew there was somebody there with me, telling me to hang on that I'd make it. I'm not saying it was God or anything but I know that's why I made it.

This the amazing part for me too. I have no way to explain how I made it from age 11 to 18. I should have died several times. I should have been arrested many times. Even after that, I should have contracted AIDS.

But there was something in the core of my being that was not "touchable" by all the outside influences. Something that made me stay positive (even just a little) and that the outcome would be ok. I can't logically explain it either.

I considered myself an atheist for many years, yet this "core belief" stayed with me and made me question my attitude about God.

I joined the Catholic Church 6 years ago. I still had trouble intellectually believing in God. One book that really helped me get past that was Mere Christianity by CS Lewis.

Your brother,
Jim

My Story

#288180 - 05/20/09 11:51 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: Jim1961]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
HI BROTHERS IN PAIN.

Well after my WOR last weekend, and asking for some devine help in finding little Peter, it was granted. I'm not sure just how much asking for devine help made me find him. I have been looking for him for 70 yrs.

But he is here and he is me. And I am happy.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#288229 - 05/20/09 07:44 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: petercorbett]
Gerald2007 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeastern US
Pete,
I am so glad you have found little Pete. I watched with amazement and awe as you steadfastly pursue your goal during the weekend.

God bless you. Your friend and brother.

Gerald

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.