Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
4 registered (4 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443078 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#287130 - 05/11/09 08:32 PM signs of child abuse- for physicians
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA

#287171 - 05/12/09 05:29 AM Re: signs of child abuse- for physicians [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
pluckmemory Offline

This is an informative story, but there's another underreported story that needs to be addressed: the mini-epidemic of pediatricians and child psychiatrists who have been arrested or had their licenses revoked for molesting young boys.

-There is pediatrician Mel Levine, a Rhodes scholar and best selling author of "A Mind at a Time". Had his license revoked this year after more than 50 men came forward to say he molested them when they were his young patients.

- Also Dr. Scott and Dr. Mark Blankenburg, identical twin pediatricians arrested in March Ohio for 87 counts of child molestation.

- Child psychiatrist Dr. William Ayres, set to stand trial for molesting young boys sent to him for therapy, on June 1. Ayres co-wrote a paper on how to detect sexual abuse in kids.

- Don Rife- the Harvard and Yale trained child psychiatrist busted in Mass., Vermont and Florida for molesting young boys.

There are dozens and dozens of such cases from all over the country. Wish the media would report on this.

Edited by pluckmemory (05/12/09 05:32 AM)

#288171 - 05/20/09 08:50 AM Re: signs of child abuse- for physicians [Re: pluckmemory]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
This was a trigger for me.

I was burned with cigarettes to cover for the screaming from penetration. That is the pain I remember most till this day.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.