Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
2 registered (pattom, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63422 Topics
443383 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#288145 - 05/20/09 12:06 AM UK government to be dissolved- probably
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
History also occurring in UK at the moment- for those of you unaware

Third most powerful person in UK relinquishes position- speaker of house of commons- landmark that hasn't occured for hundreds of years.
A vote of no confidence following mp's expense scandals and speakers role in limitation of freedom of information forced him into a positon which was governed by rule books of an archaic nature (since a vote of no confidence hasn't happened for such a long time). The speaker had the choice of staying, personally resigning, or being ordered to death by the queen.

mp's in the uk have faced unrelenting day after day criticism and public opinion and confidence in the government has collapsed in a serious and critical way. It is very likely that the government will be dissolved very soon and a snap election will be held. At the moment the UK effectively has no government. It can not function or do its duties and has no loyalties.

I think the government should be dissolved- the great british public are not pleased and will not be happy if this is not done. It will be a grave mistake if the government is not quickly dissolved.

The government hasn't been dissolved since 1653.

Oliver Cromwell's Speech on the Dissolution of the Long Parliament
Given to the House of Commons
20 April 1653

It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonored by your contempt of all virtue, and defiled by your practice of every vice; ye are a factious crew, and enemies to all good government; ye are a pack of mercenary wretches, and would like Esau sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Ye have no more religion than my horse; gold is your God; which of you have not barter'd your conscience for bribes? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the good of the Commonwealth?

Ye sordid prostitutes have you not defil'd this sacred place, and turn'd the Lord's temple into a den of thieves, by your immoral principles and wicked practices? Ye are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation; you were deputed here by the people to get grievances redress'd, are yourselves gone! So! Take away that shining bauble there, and lock up the doors. In the name of God, go!

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#288153 - 05/20/09 02:25 AM Re: UK government to be dissolved- probably [Re: king tut]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Cool!!! Wish that President Bush would have had the guts to do the same thing a couple of years before his term ended too.

I see the Pound is back up a little too.

Mark

#288154 - 05/20/09 02:33 AM Re: UK government to be dissolved- probably [Re: Trucker51]
jggab Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Lewis,
That is very interesting! I'm going to research that a bit.

Jon

#288224 - 05/20/09 07:31 PM Re: UK government to be dissolved- probably [Re: jggab]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Though every day is really a part of history, I do believe our lives are about to get a bit more exciting, perhaps more than we desire.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#288874 - 05/26/09 03:28 AM Re: UK government to be dissolved- probably [Re: FormerTexan]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Andy,

My grandparents live thu the great depression and the second world war. Sometimes shit just has to happen in order for change to take place. Maybe it is time we paid the dues for our recklessness. no one likes change but at times it is the best thing for us.

Lewis,
Us in the United states have had no real government for the last two decades. Politicans have been only looking out for there own welfare and not for the benefit of the country.
That Pm is lucky that he is in office now and not twoo hunderd years ago. Because he have had his head removed for such behavior.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.