Newest Members
Bennett, 0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2
12503 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (myrlin, 3 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12503 Members
74 Forums
64194 Topics
447973 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#288140 - 05/19/09 10:35 PM Attention speed readers!:
blueshift Offline

Loc: infinity
I just gotta get this out cuz it's kinda bugging me a little. Please don't take this the wrong way anyone, I understand going through threads here can be time consuming and time is something few people have a lot of.

Personally I struggle with the fact that I typically do not have the time to read all the posts on MS or even on one forum for that matter. But the threads I do read, I take the time to read each sentence and actually understand each sentence.

But my feeling is that a lot of people are just skimming over stuff and trying to pick out key words and then just make some general guess about the content. This is not a good technique here guys!

I'm not angry at all about it, I just get tired of worrying that no matter how clear I try to make something I am saying, someone who skipped words will think I'm saying who knows what weird thing!

I admit I skim over long posts too sometimes, but if I then decide to reply to something I think the poster is saying I will at least go back and make sure that I read the post word for word to make sure I'm understanding correctly.

People who post usually put some time and thought into them so they deserve to have replies that are based on what they said not based on quick guesses about what they said.

I know you all mean well, and are just trying to get through more material, but please..
ssssssllllllooooooowwww dooooooowwwwwwnnnnnnn! smile

#288142 - 05/19/09 11:17 PM Re: Attention speed readers!: [Re: blueshift]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
gotcha Bro wink good advice

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.