Newest Members
gdj, Db, dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty
12386 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12386 Members
74 Forums
63655 Topics
444550 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#287980 - 05/18/09 10:07 PM i hate dishonest people!
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
okay, most of y'all know i "had a job" as an actor due to an audition i had at my agency saturday. well, i went to have my one on one meeting with the scout that came to do the audtitions today and the meeting went okay, until she wanted $6,000. and i had to come up with it by tomorrow night, well, $1,000 of it anyway. but, this was very disheartening. and i know for a fact that she lied to me 3 times! on the drive home, i was texting 3 of y'all, you know who you are, and y'all were being so encouraging, and i just couldn't help but feel like something just wasnt right. so halfway home, i turned around and went back. upon arrival, i walked into the building, and there was noone at the front desk, which isn't uncommon, but we work there so we have free reign of the building. i began to walk to the room where the scout was meeting with everyone. part of the way there i heard a conversation going on between the director of the agency, the scout, the secretary, and 5 agents, including my own. the director was telling the scout, how they knowingly sent many of our models and talents to 5 jobs to which they know for sure were scams. my agent spoke up, "yeah, and the suckers fell for it!" and they all began to laugh! then the scout said, "well, so far they're biting this too!" so i turned the corner and ent off. i blacked out and dont remember details really, BUT! all of the models and talents that were in the building at the time, gathered round. there were 12 of them. when i got done letting them have it, they all followed me out of the building. we all went to starbucks and began to make phone calls to all of our co-models and co-talents. at the current moment, 47 of us have ditched this sorry excuse for an "agency" and we're not even done. we've all reported them tio the better business bureau and many of them are going to the police and filing a report!

so yeah, i am back to square one, finding an agency again. but hey, i could have found out AFTER i paid that money! so in the end, this is a bad thing that ended in a good way, and it could have been worse!

Philip

#287982 - 05/18/09 10:15 PM Re: i hate dishonest people! [Re: terpprm]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Good for you, Philip!

You did the right thing. I'm so proud of you.

A couple of years ago I saw on TV an expose of female models in New York. It may have been on ABC's 20/20. Even though they were great lookers, they had to tip the scouts with money and sexual favors. mad

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#288036 - 05/19/09 08:25 AM Re: i hate dishonest people! [Re: pufferfish]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Ummmmmm, I'm not in the show business business, so to speak but, it's my understanding that one NEVER EVER EVER EVER pays "fees" to these so-called talent scouts, they're without exception predators who victimize those aspiring to find exposure and breaks in the business.................maybe I'm not interpreting your post correctly?

How about filing a small-claims court summons? Subpoena their asses and make them answer for their actions?

#288252 - 05/20/09 11:48 PM Re: i hate dishonest people! [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Maybe head down to the nearest truckstop or Office Max and buy one of those little "dispatch buster" digital recorders. Then leave it somewhere inconspicuous and later retrieve it. Make a tape of whatever is on there and then offer to sell it to them for double the money that you paid to them in fees???

Just a thought. It's a little more an adult manner of getting even than sugar in the gas tank would be.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (05/20/09 11:54 PM)
Edit Reason: add the word "to"

#288253 - 05/20/09 11:49 PM Re: i hate dishonest people! [Re: Trucker51]
terpprm Offline

Loc: Elyria, Ohio
LOL....you always knew how to slay me with the jokes! LOL

Philip

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.