Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63856 Topics
445881 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#287302 - 05/13/09 04:19 AM Very moving!
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Foster Child Blog

Very moving writing i'm sure many of you will relate to the feelings

"Not Just Orphans

We are not just orphans you are taking into your home. We are not just children that were found sleeping on the streets. We are victims. We are traumatized. We have been fighting to survive for years. Can you imagine what it is like to be afraid of your own parent? Do you know how it feels to see a mother hold her child, and never have known that? To see a father laugh with his child, and never know such joy? We see that in other parents, and feel such loss, such intense sadness. We are not just homeless children, we are broken toys. That's what we were to the people who were supposed to care for us...toys. Just helpless victims to be toyed with. Remember that if you are kind to us, we will see it as a trick. We will be waiting for the hammer to fall. Remember that if you try to hug us, we will push you away, or stiffen in fear. We will be waiting for that humiliating touch. Remember that if you buy us gifts, we will wonder why. We will be waiting for what secret you want us to keep. This doesn't mean you should stop being kind, just that you must believe that we are worth the effort. It will not be easy for you, but please keep trying, and one day, just maybe, we will finally feel loved. (Posted by dc64)"

And just for completeness, blog site about the care system "Exposing the Child Protective Industry for what it really is" with lots of links to stories

legally kidnapped

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#287394 - 05/13/09 07:43 PM Re: Very moving! [Re: king tut]
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

My cousin was in foster care for a little while, she was adopted but her adoptive parents abused her. I thought I was going to have to go into foster care but I'm thankful that I haven't. I wanna be a foster parent when I grow up.

#287397 - 05/13/09 08:00 PM Re: Very moving! [Re: Nyjah]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
You know what i was thinking about that earlier too Nyjah. In Britain, after the baby p incident, government social services have suffered major losses and many intiiatives have been set up to try to get people to work for them- so there have been many adverts for that on TV. Also, a number of programs and adverts on foster care and adoption have all of the sudden appeared on TV. The number of adverts for foster care is unbelievable, and i previously have never seen any adverts for it. They are really pushing for foster parents at the moment. I watched a program on adoption tonight on TV and although they want people to adopt they make it really hard to adopt- there was this gay male couple and they looked like they would be brilliant parents but by the end of the program they still didn't have a child. If i have the correct family setting and finances when i am older i would consider adopting- i wouldn't like the idea of looking after a child for a period of time and then moving the child to another home. It wouldn't be easy but would be worth it. Most of the children in need of homes are above 5yrs old, with either health, behavioural or emotional problems. The older children find it harder to find homes.

Edited by king tut (05/13/09 08:01 PM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#287410 - 05/13/09 10:16 PM Re: Very moving! [Re: king tut]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
There was a huge billboard on my way to work that said "Foster Parents Needed" and had a picture of a child. It moved me every single day I drove past it.

It was only up for about 2 weeks while the Corona Beer poster next to it has been up for 2 years now.

#287414 - 05/13/09 10:36 PM Re: Very moving! [Re: Riley]
Gus Bierer Offline

King Tut

I was neglected by my alcoholic natural mother, and they took me away from her, our lights had been turned off and someone called the welfare department.

I was put into an emergency foster home with other kids, and then into a regular foster home. At first they all showed me lots of love, but guess what the father was a pedaphile, and by the second night he had me in the bath tub with him.

I remember how my adoptive mother wanted me gone...and i begged and pleaded with the dad not to get rid of me, because even though i was being molested it was better than no love at all.

That piece of shit of a foster father did mean things to all the foster kids. He put dead flys in there food. He put me up to fighting with another one. He was just sorry.

I feel real sorry for foster kids, but i know it's better that i don't get involved.

Gus

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.