Newest Members
Francis Xavier, JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish
12438 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dannyboy22 (31), ScorpioBlue (45), Wife - Survivor (70)
Who's Online
6 registered (Dan234racer, tbkkfile, 4 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12438 Members
74 Forums
63858 Topics
445887 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#287213 - 05/12/09 04:08 PM 1st conviction from Jersey Homes abuse scandal
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
BBC News

Actually, I would call this more of a continuing tragedy, it's not confirmed but it seems like this victim turned abuser to be an older teenager attacking younger kids, if teens are still released from state care at 16 on that island. Whilst it's good to bring perps to account you can't help feeling that there's some scapegoating going on and any offenders in officialdom might die before they are charged when it comes to Jersey.

With Jersey set up the way it is, it doesn't look like former victims will get any help unless they find it for themselves, probably on mainland UK.

At least it helps validate some of the content of the book "Nobody Came" by Robbie Garner, even though this offender isn't named in that memoir as being an abuser at that specific home.

#287248 - 05/12/09 08:32 PM Re: 1st conviction from Jersey Homes abuse scandal [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The "authorities" there still don't "get it". He "could have enjoyed being abused" because he (and the other boys) "did not resist at the time???" Were they in any position to resist, being wards of a boy's home??? What happened if a boy did resist? My guess is that resistance wasn't much fun back then.

You are right, this sounds like an ongoing tragedy. What about the former staff at the school??? Where are they now? It sounds as if this guy is being scapegoated. Of course, we just deported the alleged former Nazi Demyanyuk even though he is 89 years old in a wheelchair. So, it is never too late, I guess.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Aubin had told police in interview that he had been a victim of abuse while resident at the home, Mr Baker told the court.

Psychological experts believe Aubin could have enjoyed being abused and when he was older he in turn "dominated" young children, the prosecutor said.

"The boys did not resist at the time," said Mr Baker.

"It may be that, in Aubin's disturbed mind, he mistook the lack of resistance for compliance.

"It seems plain that this was a very disturbed young man in his teens. Quite what was going through his mind is impossible to tell."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps someone with some authority might send them a letter to educate them about what is possible for a youthful victim turned offender. Certainly "enjoying it" is out-of-line, as is the notion of failing to resist.

Mark

#287399 - 05/13/09 08:04 PM Re: 1st conviction from Jersey Homes abuse scandal [Re: Trucker51]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
i am so far dissappointed with the progress of the case as a whole- very half-arsed, still sounds like a big cover up to me

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.