Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
4 registered (86, YYZGIRL, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442194 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286961 - 05/10/09 03:06 AM What To Do When Your Alone
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Its officially sunday here right now. My parents are going to my grandmas house for a Mother's Day dinner. I'm not going because the they are leaving really early and I just can't get up at that time. So I'll have another day to myself. I should be happy-school's over, weathers nice, no job to worry about-but, somewhere in me I still wish I had something to do. I still have no friends and as much as I hated my job and school at least they gave me something to do with my time. So what do I do? I can't drive and I have no money because of the loss of my job so what now? I don't want to be lonely again. frown

#286963 - 05/10/09 03:31 AM Re: What To Do When Your Alone [Re: Clockwise]
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
I know the feeling that's why I'm always at the chat room make me feel less alone but that's just me. I wish I know what I to say to help you

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#287062 - 05/11/09 05:18 AM Re: What To Do When Your Alone [Re: b869]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Build another amusement park in Roller Coaster Tycoon or another city in Sim City 2000? Maybe try some social networking website? Call up your friends and beg them to come and save you? Tell them that you are having a party at your folk's place!!! Scrounge-up enough change for a 40 oz'er? Walk to the park with a frisbee? Get the Sunday paper and take a look at the job ads? A little income would go a long way to improving your social chances. Get out there and do something if the weather is nice.

The Summer after my freshman year I was home for two months in a new city and didn't know anyone. I did have a car and a job and spent a lot of time at the bar with people that I hardly knew. I finally got so bored that I moved back to my college town a month before school started which socially was a good move for me.

Or just sit there and watch the tube. Golf is on and so is baseball.

Mark

#287126 - 05/11/09 07:39 PM Re: What To Do When Your Alone [Re: Trucker51]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
When I'm home alone with nothing to do and I don't feel like going out I cook myself an elaborate meal. (Usually comes out like crap, but I try)

Do you have a dog, take him for a walk in a busy part of town, like a Main Street or something. Alot of people will come up and start chatting away. Personally, I feel uncomfortable being somewhere if I have no particular reason to be there. For example, I feel uncomfortable walking down a street unless I'm heading somewhere in particular. Having a dog with me gives me reason and comforts me.

What about some gardening. Throw in a couple tomato plants and a bean plant, you can't go wrong with them. I find it very relaxing. I even have a banana tree growing up hear in New England. Unfortunately, I have to leave it when I move in a few weeks.

To be honest, I agree with trucker on looking for a job. I know landscapers are looking for seasonal employees this time of year. That was how I started, lugging rocks and mixing cement in the summer, now 5 years later, I'm a foreman directing small masonry jobs. I know carpenters are always willing to hire people just to clean up and move lumber. You can also pick up tricks of the trade for when you own your own house one day. Plus your outside all day long getting fresh air and exercise. Alot of times you can walk right up to a construction site and ask for the general contractor and then ask if anyone needs any help. They will probably pay you cash and tell you to come back tomorrow if you want more.

Can you take summer classes. Alot of times they are free and you can take classes that appeal to you but can't fit into your schedule. I'm taking psychology in the workplace.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.