Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
9 registered (finallyhere, Rich1967, 6 invisible), 35 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63776 Topics
445373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286673 - 05/07/09 10:05 PM You Shot Me
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
f you shoota a rabit or squirrel WITH A .22 and don't kill it, you wound it. It goes on to limp along, in pain, rejected by the normal rabits. No Rabit of the opposite sex will have anything to do with it. It is an un-fit partner.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I'M DIFFERENT FROM THE WOUNDED RABIT?

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#286678 - 05/07/09 10:17 PM Re: You Shot Me [Re: Still]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
Because your not alone. You have us for support and you are not unfit. Say it with me. I am not unfit.

#286710 - 05/08/09 03:22 AM Re: You Shot Me [Re: christianfather]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
Dear brother Robbie,
For some time now, I have followed your recent posts with a growing concern for the obviously excruciating pain that you are going through. I have not known quite what to say, so now I will just say it simply: I care about you, and I'm concerned for you.
A diamond does not revert to being a lump of coal, just because the diamond has some cracks and carbon stains (did you know that all diamond have flaws like these, and so do all humans?). The diamond is still ultra-hard, unique, and valuable. For all of its flaws, it never loses its diamond-ness. It is still a jewel, and so are you!
Robbie, you are like a vintage Ferrari with some dents and scratches on the paint, but that does not mean you should just write yourself off and sell yourself to the junk yard! The very marks of its age and antiquity and its used status makes the vintage Ferrari even more valuable! In like manner, you are still valuable! God will still love you and send you people who will love you! He who sees every sparrow that falls from the sky will not forget His wounded children! Please resist Satan's lie that because you are hurting as a survivor that therefore you are somehow inferior "damaged goods" which deserve rejection! IT'S JUST NOT TRUE! Please, instead consider the song that our brother Shadow+Walker just posted: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRBW60sLbfU
God's promises:
"Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you."
"When my father and my mother forsake me [wife, in this case], then the LORD will take me up. " (Psalms 27:10)
Above you asked, "WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW I'M DIFFERENT FROM THE WOUNDED RABIT?". Here it is: Shot rabbits maybe abandoned, and horses are shot for having broken legs, but children are not. We love on them till they are healed, and after that time, too. Please let us love on you until you heal as well, and after that time, too.
Your brother in Christ,
Anarion.

"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#286838 - 05/09/09 06:43 AM Re: You Shot Me [Re: Anarion Cti]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Rob,

I'm wondering if relationships can ever fail to leave wounds of various kinds. But do those wounds need to be fatal? Rabbits avoid wounded rabbits because they operate only according to animal instincts and are seeking partners with whom they can breed to create more rabbits. As human beings we are capable of seeing beyond the wounds to the value of the other person, to his unique qualities.

No one in a relationship is perfect, Rob. But I do think it is possible for two people to be perfect for each other, regardless of their past injuries.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.