Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 45 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441399 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#286756 - 05/08/09 03:07 PM The Obama Thread
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

#286757 - 05/08/09 03:09 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Hauser]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

#286808 - 05/09/09 12:51 AM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The biggest difference between #43 and #44 is that #44 enjoys a 2/3rds approval rating, versus a bit over a 1/4th approval rating for #43. What are you upset about Allen??? Your silver is up to $14/ounce!!! And my Ultra Clean/UCTT is up 150% since late March!!! It is still a bargain @ $2.50/share. Even my 2000 shares of my largest mutual fund are up nearly 30% since I bought back in!!!

Now if my Iraqi Dinars would just mature I would be rich!!!

Go Barack!!! Go silver!!! A little inflation is good!!!

#287214 - 05/12/09 04:15 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Trucker51]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Er...so you don't like him? smile

On a serious note, he has been insanely overhyped politically rather like our Tony Blair in the 90s, so a backlash was inevitable.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (05/12/09 04:16 PM)

#287273 - 05/12/09 11:28 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

How could anyone else have done a better job? Certainly you don't think that John McCain and his petite sidekick could have done a better job, do you? And as for Ron Paul, if he had won do you think that the Congress would have just rolled-over like a dog that wants you to scratch his belly??? My guess is that Ron Paul would have been lucky to get any of his agenda through Congress. Just today they said that Social Security will be bankrupt by 2037, when I am 80. What will I do then, get a job at Walmart as a door-greeter???

Gee Alan, the guy has been in power 3 & 1/2 months and you already want to impeach him, for what??? So far his projected budget deficit isn't as bad as his predecessor's. If McCain had been elected with Democratic control of both houses of Congress what would have been different? Maybe GM would be bankrupt by now, Bank of America too? What good will that do? We throw lots of people out of work, then tax revenues, prices, and wages fall, as the deficit balloons out of control, eventually causing deflation then inflation.

The real problem was already well underway before President Obama ever took office. Everyone was living on borrowed money, large amounts of it borrowed from inflated values on real estate. All of these ARMs started to reset causing massive numbers of foreclosures, which eventually caused a whole number of problems, some of which came about from lax regulation and oversight. Available credit dried-up and continues to evaporate. And this year there are projected to be even more residential ARMs re-setting than last year, combined with a firestorm of commercial real-estate defaults. Banks aren't lending, they are desperately trying to shore-up reserves just in-case of the worst-case scenario. And your Ron Paul wants every institution that is in trouble to fail? You want 50 million people out of work? How will that help the budget deficit? Just abolish the Federal Reserve and go back onto the gold standard, thereby somehow wiping-out $12 Trillion of debt?

How about everyone holding that $12 Trillion of debt. You think that they will allow it? My guess is that either we had better back President Obama and the Congress and get back to work and spending, or put lots of volunteer energy into electing minority party candidates for Congress in the mid-term elections. All of the moaning about the first 100 days of Obama is counter-productive. You want something else, get out there and try to do something about it. You have just under 18 months until the mid-term elections, and the mainstream Republicans are badly divided still finger-pointing over their losses. Maybe you and the other Ron Paul supporters can get enough minority party candidates elected in the 2010 elections to begin to make some kind of difference. You might be able to draw some of the disaffected Republicans away from their own party, maybe some of the more moderate Democrats too.

Who are Ron Paul's choices for the House and Senate in 2010??? Maybe you could post their names on the side of your apartment where a couple of thousand people per day could see them!!! If you get a billboard alongside the Boulder Turnpike you might get 100,000 viewers per day. You will need some financial backers, because billboards aren't cheap. C'mon, get out there and go door-to-door pounding the pavement.

Hauser for Congress!!!???

#287347 - 05/13/09 01:45 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Trucker51]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Mark,

If you can get Allan to run for congress and I will move to Colorado.Just so I can vote for him. Make him part of the machine he so dispises. If we can get him elected at the mid term elections. He will have 2 yrs experience in congress and he can run for President against Obama in 2012.

Hauser for President.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#287402 - 05/13/09 09:08 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: michael banks]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark, get ready to duck, cuz this aint gonna be pretty.

#287642 - 05/15/09 09:04 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Oh my Gawd, this reminds me of an afternoon when I was in grade school, behind my folk's old house, where a backhoe had just dug a big hole for a new foundation. It was my friends and I against some other neighborhood boys in dirt clod wars. Back and forth across the pit the dirt clods flew from behind piles of dirt, the one side never seeing the other side. After a few glancing blows were inflicted the victors cheered while the vanquished went scurrying for the safety of home.

Got to start somewhere....Hauser for City Council???

#287646 - 05/15/09 09:11 PM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: Trucker51]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Mark,

No I think he should run for the school board.
You know what a public school supporter he is.

Hauser for the Denver school board.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#290388 - 06/05/09 11:14 AM Re: The Obama Thread [Re: michael banks]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark, I will not sully my dignity by participating in a discussion that assumes that Mr. Obama is doing anything besides rewarding and enriching his politically connected friends. He is not here to help we the people. If he was, he would stop his present course of turning this country into a Marxist-State. He's a player in the two-party dictatorship that we the people have all too readily embraced, with only a distinct minority of people who are actually studiously informed and reflect that in their voting activities.

Here is a scary example of Obama-voters answering questions about our country and their overall knowledge of politics. Warning!!!! This might offend you if you voted for Mr. Obama. This is not just a scathing indictment of democratic voters, no, it's an indictment of the American Voter in general.

To sum up this discussion, I will let the good Doctor and Representative from Texas, Ron Paul, speak for me:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.