Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 32 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447692 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#286750 - 05/08/09 12:35 PM Jessue Ventura, Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Notice how he discusses a variety of topics, intelligently, articulately, and without a teleprompter?

Can you imagine Mr. Obama (I won't call him President Obama until I see his birth certificate) trying to discuss any of these issues he brought up without a teleprompter? (hint, he would stumble and bumble bigtime)

This should be the first clue that our Puppet-in-Chief is nothing more than.........well.......a puppet, who doesn't stand on any principles. If he did, he could simply TALK, like Mr. Ventura is here:

#286754 - 05/08/09 02:08 PM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: Hauser]
theatrekid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: oregon

I think most of us would agree we prefered our ventura as a wrestler not a politician.

i especially like it when he calls the Mexican wrestler a taco sales man from Tijuana thats the stuff of a great leader.

I'm pretty involved with the Oregon democrats Allan and I went to a rally for Obama about a year ago. He didnt read a teleprompter then. this whole argument suddenly that a teleprompter is bad is just plane silly.

if you don't like the man for his ideas thats fine but if you could hear what you sound like when you say things like i won't call him president until i see his birth certificate its embarrassing and i don't think this is the place for that kind of talk.

#286851 - 05/09/09 10:56 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: theatrekid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

You mean that Mr. Ventura was actually entertaining people and providing a service to people that they were freely willing to pay for? What's wrong with that?

Would you prefer that he be just another tax-eating leech that stays in political office for decades at a time and does nothing but decide how to spend other people's money?

What the heck is so commendable about the later scenario, where people are coerced out of their hard-earned income and forced to pay for "programs" that they never asked for, where as the former is a pristine example of free enterprise, with no coercion or force involved? Maybe I'm just living on a different planet.

FYI, the in United States Constitution, Article 2, Section 1 states: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So, I have a question for Mr. Obama. Where's that birth certificate?

Mr. Ventura is a man of many talents, acting is just one of them. My favorite character he ever played was as Captain Freedom on the Running Man!!!

"Are you ready for pain?" "Are you ready for suffering?"
"If the answer is yes, then you're ready for Captain Freedom's Workout!!!!!"

#287434 - 05/14/09 01:48 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: theatrekid]
sojourn111 Offline

Loc: midwest
How fuuny... Oregon Democrats! Oregon doesn't have Democrats or Republicans. I grew up there. Pure bread Oregonians are nature loving, nature using conservatives that say I will pay a fair share but don't override my freedom Libertarians. Its pure Libertarians by birth right. All others are a bunch of "damned Californians or their illegal immigrant employees" messing up the state as my uncle was fond of saying. MMMMMM Spotted owl for dinner... now means Bull of the Woods Preserve.

Democrats.... in Oregon... only if they came North.

#287458 - 05/14/09 09:58 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: sojourn111]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jesse just got interviewed on Larry King and discusses a variety of topics, including his past military service, foreign relations and how foreigners think of the U.S. , torture, and legalizing drugs.

Let me put it simply. If this guy was allowed into the Presidential Debates, he would win. This is a guy that won the Governorship of Minnesota with a mere $375,000. He was outspent by the Democratic and Republican candidates by almost 15 to 1, as I recall.

If you happened to have never listened to any of his interviews, this is a recent one well worth listening to.

#287461 - 05/14/09 10:09 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Saint Paul, Minnesota
I'm from Minnesota.

He won here because he was a celebrity -- and a wrestler -- and a side show the young vote thought would be cool to vote for because of the aforementioned reasons.

He did pretty much nothing he promised and talked about when he was governor. He ran as the great liberator, but actually turned out worse than the 2 parties he was against when the chips were down. Sure, he knew how to speak well, but he lacked any cooperation with anyone and his self-interest far outweighed his interest of his constituents.

He pretty much thought he was so above everyone -- even those that voted for him.

He wrote books and did celebrity drop-ins to things as governor -- making tons of money on both. It was very rare he actually was in the governor's office.

#287463 - 05/14/09 10:25 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: AndyJB2005]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Andy, where you been? smile

He brought this point of view up in a previous interview. He said that the press did everything in it's power to hound him out of office, and they succeeded.

For example, when he was on Official Travel to Japan, in an effort to expand exports from your state, the newspapers/TV-stations focused on a far more important story, that being that his then 21-year old son was having a "party" at the Governors Mansion and "abusing" tax-payers property. That so disgusted him that he stopped even talking to the press while in office, and I don't blame him.

Andy? Don't you think it's POSSIBLE that he LEARNED alot from his brief foray into the dark world of politics, and that he would make less-cautious decisions?

What I don't understand though, is why, as Governor, he didn't start pardoning his constituents who were convicted of non-violent crimes, etc. Governors have enormous powers to circumvent the ill-intents of the legislature.

But I digress. I just like the principles that he espouses. Why doesn't anyone else in Congress talk like this guy?

#287464 - 05/14/09 10:45 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

That's right, everyone is against him. lol Come on. That just prove more of my point -- that he's completely self-interested -- to think that way. LOL

I don't remember one good legislation coming from his 2 years here. In fact, he screwed over the people who voted for him (college students) by FORCING a bill through that raised college tuition and lowered college loans available. He said that people need to work for what they have -- not get money from the government -- but he doesn't seem to realize that it's not as easy for us non-Hollywood star millionaires to just write a check.

That wasn't the evil press saying that -- that's fact. I know cuz I paid out the *** for college.

Nice knife in the back, huh?

#287465 - 05/14/09 11:04 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: AndyJB2005]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Maybe I'm mistaken, but, did Mr. Ventura promise to make College more accessible or anything like that? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Ok, basic economics, are you ready? lol

When government subsidizes an industry, the price goes up, this is well-evidenced by government intrusion into K-12 education, the housing crisis, and my favorite, health care. When government stops subsidizing an industry, and the artificially inflated prices stay high, the industry looses customers and income, by virtue of the fact that they can't afford it anymore. But, eventually, the industry must lower its prices or they can't attract new customers, UNLESS, of course, the government creates another "program" to "help" we the people to "afford" the product or service in question.

Of course, you're welcome to think that you're entitled to other people's money to help pay for your education. But I don't.

I suppose you're espousing the principle that government must keep prices artificially high by allowing students or home owners to be mired in debt, thereby being able to "afford" college? I don't know why anyone would be for that, but it's a free country, I guess. lol

I would much prefer to let the college-industrial complex be weaned off of it's mommy (government subsidies) and let them survive just like any legitimate business entity.

And btw, what IS it that a Governor, or government in general, is SUPPOSED to do for you? Be our mommy? Provide this? Provide that? Really?

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I thought that We the People, have RIGHTS, and we gave government certain privileges in order to help PROTECT those rights. Not to be our nanny. Not to intrude in every facet of our lives.

Obviously, I have a different point of view, contrary to the prevailing prejudices of our time, but this makes sense to me because I wasn't a good little drone that was churned out of a Public School, an institution where we learn that the State is all-knowing, all-caring, responsible, and never ever ever does anything bad.

(I'm not pointing fingers at you Andy, I'm just on anther rant again)

#287470 - 05/14/09 11:58 AM Re: Jessue Ventura, the Statesman, discusses U.S. Wars [Re: Hauser]
AndyJB2005 Offline
MaleSurvivor

And you, having been to college, know of the perils of getting money to pay for college, right? Oh wait, you never went. lol :-P

I don't think I'm being greedy by asking for governmental loans (which I pay back, WITH interest, so they make money on ME) so I don't have to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and raman noodles for 6 years to survive.

I guess I don't look at it as a handout, but an investment. If we make it so no one but the rich can go to college, then the country will fold up.

College is going to be expensive no matter where you go. You think the profs are going to teach for free, or the book companies will hand out books for free? You think the buildings or dorms are free? Etc etc etc....

It's not some government conspiracy, dude. LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.