Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63205 Topics
441966 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286553 - 05/07/09 07:12 AM Teddy bear
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to have a teddy. I don't know why though. I guess its because I always wanted to hug something every night while I sleep.

My parents wouldn't allow me to have one though. They think its gay to have one.

Is it really gay to have one? I don't know and I don't really care.

A few years ago I bought one but they took it and gave it to my sister. WTF!... that was my money and what the hell do they care. I just want something to hug other then a pillow.

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#286554 - 05/07/09 07:15 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Jesse92 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
of course it's not gay to have a teddybear... I bet loads of guys on this site still have one
I've never had a teddybear (or any kind of toys/plushies) So i hugged onto my pillow or something like that when i was younger.
You can always buy one and pretend it's a gift if you must and then just never show it to your family. Maybe?

#286555 - 05/07/09 07:15 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Jesse92 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
double post

#286557 - 05/07/09 07:21 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Jesse92]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london
If your parents are determined that a teddy isn't for boys, maybe you can search for something which you can hug, but they won't think is 'girly'.

A soft toy which represents something from a 'boy's' film maybe? Something which represents a character which your parents won't think is suitable for your sister.

It's only human to want to hug something and you have the right to choose, but until you can leave home maybe my suggestion would be an acceptable compromise for all of you?

Good luck

SB x

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#286558 - 05/07/09 08:16 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: soapy bubbles]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Marvin, your parents are COMPLETELY wrong on this one- parents are not always right.

It is ok for boys to have teddies, ABSOLUTELY!
I understand your need or want for a teddy, i have it too.

Jesse is right, LOADS of guys here have teddies, i'm sure a few will jump in and tell you themselves. It is even ok for grown men to have teddies. (and thanks Jesse- Plushie is a new word to my vocabulary- never heard of that before).

I have a teddy! i have a few, my favourite teddy is one that i had from when i was small called Rupert (Rupert the bear). All my teddies are from when i was younger, but i welcome new ones too.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286560 - 05/07/09 08:34 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: soapy bubbles]
bluefairy Offline

I think teddies are great to have, no matter what age or gender, my boyfriend has lots of teddies *envies* I have 2, and one of them is from him. They are good for emotional support and comfort, definitely helps imo, always nice to have hugs.

You should get one if you want and keep it hidden from your parents, maybe keep teddy in your school bag? if small it's enough. I sometimes take teddy into university in my bag.

#286595 - 05/07/09 11:24 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
No, it's not gay to want a teddy bear. When I was a little kid my dad would always buy me stuffed animals. I probably had a whole shelf full of them. Everybody wants something soft and fuzzy to hug and squeeze. Buy another teddy and hide it from your parents. Remember to treat yourself well my friend.

#286602 - 05/07/09 11:38 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Clockwise]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Rupert!!! he is not as clean anymore, and he got ripped and beaten up a little on the way, but i'm going to make him all better when i can. He's gonna stick with me like glue.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286623 - 05/07/09 04:42 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
oops

Edited by Freedom49 (05/08/09 11:50 AM)

#286628 - 05/07/09 05:37 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: king tut
Rupert!!! he is not as clean anymore, and he got ripped and beaten up a little on the way, but i'm going to make him all better when i can. He's gonna stick with me like glue.

Thank you Lewis. I always enjoy seeing these pictures.

What is the hairy leg thing down underneath? It looks like a dog's leg?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.