Newest Members
myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise, kieran
12463 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blakanezebruh (43), OneWithStrength (37), Parker (45), scottyg (42)
Who's Online
5 registered (dan_in_newengland, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12463 Members
74 Forums
63990 Topics
446625 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#286567 - 05/07/09 08:56 AM Re: Learning Disorders....MT? [Re: Shadow+Walker]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi my brothers/friends.

Oh God, just before this was the vision CSA possibilities.

Now learning disorders. I always was a slow learner, but like I've just mentioned I had poor vision. I wasn't one known for paying attention in school. I remember having to go to some sort of a extra reading/comprehension class. I read a book like a readers digest, then the teacher would ask us about we had just read, well I had a heck of a time explaining what I had just read.

But I also remember me as a young boy being taken to some sort of a clinic/hospital by my "mother". There we were seperated, and I was with a nurse (someone in a white coat). She would have me doing things and talking to me. She was recording our talk on a dictaphone machine. Later I also remember that Iwas taken into a darkened room where a bunch of wires were put on my head. There was a machine there recording the readings (something like those lie detector machines) that you see in those very old gangster movies.

What that was all about, I never was told. But I have always felt that my "mother" (first sexual abuser) should have been the one hooked up to those wires.

So, once again another possibility on just why, I was that, loner, angry, shy boy.

Anyway a very interesting post, vision problems, learning problems, emotional problems & sexual problems. Our sexual agressors had done their work on us young boy's well.

Looks like against all odds, we have made it this far.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#286577 - 05/07/09 09:46 AM Re: Learning Disorders....MT? [Re: petercorbett]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I didn't have any learning problems, but i can see how it can arise from abuse. I probably went the opposite way- using work as escapism from what was happening.

I have some difficulties trying to reside in the whole world sometimes instead of just "my" world. When i was younger my mind was always wandering away in its own little imaginary world to protect itself, i used to daydream alot, sometimes i find that i wander away in the same way and then everythying around me feels like it is not real and just a show on tv as if my eyes are a tv screen that i am looking through. Sometimes i seem to adopt traits that autistic people would have, about wanting to wear certain clothes so that i can feel that i am real and not making eye contact- not avoiding, but simply that i am in my own mind.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.