Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#286553 - 05/07/09 07:12 AM Teddy bear
b869 Offline

Loc: Philippines
Ever since I was a little kid I wanted to have a teddy. I don't know why though. I guess its because I always wanted to hug something every night while I sleep.

My parents wouldn't allow me to have one though. They think its gay to have one.

Is it really gay to have one? I don't know and I don't really care.

A few years ago I bought one but they took it and gave it to my sister. WTF!... that was my money and what the hell do they care. I just want something to hug other then a pillow.

When thing get complicated go back to simplicity

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#286554 - 05/07/09 07:15 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Jesse92 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
of course it's not gay to have a teddybear... I bet loads of guys on this site still have one
I've never had a teddybear (or any kind of toys/plushies) So i hugged onto my pillow or something like that when i was younger.
You can always buy one and pretend it's a gift if you must and then just never show it to your family. Maybe?

#286555 - 05/07/09 07:15 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Jesse92 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
double post

#286557 - 05/07/09 07:21 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Jesse92]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london
If your parents are determined that a teddy isn't for boys, maybe you can search for something which you can hug, but they won't think is 'girly'.

A soft toy which represents something from a 'boy's' film maybe? Something which represents a character which your parents won't think is suitable for your sister.

It's only human to want to hug something and you have the right to choose, but until you can leave home maybe my suggestion would be an acceptable compromise for all of you?

Good luck

SB x

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

#286558 - 05/07/09 08:16 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: soapy bubbles]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
Marvin, your parents are COMPLETELY wrong on this one- parents are not always right.

It is ok for boys to have teddies, ABSOLUTELY!
I understand your need or want for a teddy, i have it too.

Jesse is right, LOADS of guys here have teddies, i'm sure a few will jump in and tell you themselves. It is even ok for grown men to have teddies. (and thanks Jesse- Plushie is a new word to my vocabulary- never heard of that before).

I have a teddy! i have a few, my favourite teddy is one that i had from when i was small called Rupert (Rupert the bear). All my teddies are from when i was younger, but i welcome new ones too.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286560 - 05/07/09 08:34 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: soapy bubbles]
bluefairy Offline

I think teddies are great to have, no matter what age or gender, my boyfriend has lots of teddies *envies* I have 2, and one of them is from him. They are good for emotional support and comfort, definitely helps imo, always nice to have hugs.

You should get one if you want and keep it hidden from your parents, maybe keep teddy in your school bag? if small it's enough. I sometimes take teddy into university in my bag.

#286595 - 05/07/09 11:24 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
No, it's not gay to want a teddy bear. When I was a little kid my dad would always buy me stuffed animals. I probably had a whole shelf full of them. Everybody wants something soft and fuzzy to hug and squeeze. Buy another teddy and hide it from your parents. Remember to treat yourself well my friend.

#286602 - 05/07/09 11:38 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Clockwise]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Rupert!!! he is not as clean anymore, and he got ripped and beaten up a little on the way, but i'm going to make him all better when i can. He's gonna stick with me like glue.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286623 - 05/07/09 04:42 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
oops

Edited by Freedom49 (05/08/09 11:50 AM)

#286628 - 05/07/09 05:37 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: king tut
Rupert!!! he is not as clean anymore, and he got ripped and beaten up a little on the way, but i'm going to make him all better when i can. He's gonna stick with me like glue.

Thank you Lewis. I always enjoy seeing these pictures.

What is the hairy leg thing down underneath? It looks like a dog's leg?

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#286631 - 05/07/09 06:12 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: pufferfish]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have a stuffed tiger named Hobbes. The owner of a local deli gave it to me when I was probably 4/5ish because I reminded him of Calvin. (From the comic strip Calvin & Hobbes). My brother used to make fun of me for having it, so I still keep him close just to spite him.

#286650 - 05/07/09 08:03 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Riley]
b869 Offline

I forgot to add that a year ago I bought a stuffed gorilla. I hid it from them but one of my siblings saw and they told my parents. This time I they didn't gave it to my sister they gave it to my little cousin. well they didn't really took it form me this time.

They said to my little cousin if he would like a stuffed gorilla he should asked me if I would give him mine. WTF... I never told them I had a stuffed gorilla and they never saw it. They knew my cousin would bug me all day for it. I endured 8 hours of non stop "can I have your gorilla PLEASE!!!!!!".In the end I had to give it to him.

I guess its also childish for them but can't I be who I want to be. I'm not hurting anyone. Oh well... I'm ganna try and say someone gave me a stuff animal for my bday this year.

Thanks Lewis. I enjoyed the picture.

Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself.

#286652 - 05/07/09 08:11 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Marv,

Search the archive for something like "stuffed" and you will hit on a couple of threads on this very topic. There are LOTS of guys here who have furry friends. I have two: a cool puppy that one of my little brothers named Bongo, after his own (real) dog, and a German Shepherd puppy named Bruno, which was the name of my own shepherd.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#286679 - 05/07/09 10:31 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: roadrunner]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
A former friend bought me a Tatty Teddy www.metoyou.co.uk as a gift years back, they're a nice neutral design, grey with a blue nose and intentionally designed to look battered. Lost the cardboard wraparound years ago.

So that became my defacto therapy bear, until I replaced it with a Pudsey www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey for non-UK peeps, the cartoon bear is the one. Will have to find a decent home for it, possibly post it to a charity or something.

#286686 - 05/08/09 12:30 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: ComicBookGuy]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I have a live teddybear:

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#286700 - 05/08/09 02:24 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: pufferfish
What is the hairy leg thing down underneath? It looks like a dog's leg?

Yes lol, it is a dogs leg, my nans dog called Kelly, i was playing with her and got kind of tangled up

#286701 - 05/08/09 02:26 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Your dog is so cute Allen, i just want to give (her?) a hug!

#286719 - 05/08/09 05:57 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
b869 Offline

AWWW... cute dog Allen... can I have it LOL

I just wish my parents allowed my dog to go in the house. So he could hug him while I'm sleeping. I can still sneak him in thou sometimes.

Edited by b869 (05/08/09 07:09 AM)

Harvey Fierstein

#286791 - 05/08/09 10:14 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, guys

He really is a wonderful dog.

He is very loving. Wow! That I should learn how to love from a dog!

He is very gentle with children.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#286796 - 05/08/09 10:51 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: pufferfish]
Shadow+Walker Offline

Loc: desolate foggy nights, USA
Hi guys,
Nothing wrong with a teddy bear or any other stuffed animal. On a rather deep emotional level it is very comforting and healing. When we are young we use items like this to practice showing care, compassion, and nurturing. As we age we redirect those skills toward pets, and other humans. However, nothing says that we must give up those items. When I first started dealing with my CSA, I was twenty years old and I felt the need to have a small stuffed animal. I went to a store and bought a cheap racoon stuffed animal. I stood there and chose which one I wanted. I got some funny looks - this rough lookin dude on his way home from the factory buyin a stuffed animal. I loved it - it messed with their minds. I told the cashier I was "doing something nice for somebody." I didnt have to tell her it was me.

I later found my teddy bear in storage over at my parents' house (I had moved out when I was 18). It was mine since I was 3. I still have it. It is 38 years old now. I have a rubber ducky that sits on the dash of my car (and yes, it squeaks).

My family bought me a "Webkinz" owl (they know I like owls), which I use as my avatar.

I spend my day showing compassion to people in need and then nurturing my family; and still appreciate having a soft stuffed animal (or 4 or 5) around. I am a notably mature professional, husband and father; someone would be hard pressed to identify a negative trait here.

Peace,
Shadow+Walker

Check out a cool song by a hot band..."Unbreakable" by Fireflight: official video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWRJAHaOrYg

#286837 - 05/09/09 06:41 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Shadow+Walker]
b869 Offline

Yeah there's nothing wrong w/ stuff animals.

Someone here should talk to my parents.

I can't convince them.

I tried talking to them about it they wouldn't listen.

I just talked to my dad cause my mom is at the US atm.

My mom would agree w/ my dad w/ this so.... same sh*t

Edited by b869 (05/09/09 06:53 AM)

Harvey Fierstein

#286840 - 05/09/09 06:47 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Shadow+Walker]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Allen,

Great dog. I can imagine you get a lot of joy from having him around.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#286858 - 05/09/09 11:54 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: roadrunner]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi y'all.

Well being I'm an Irish Moose, I have my stuffed (small) MOOSE.

He and I are going to be travelling together to that WOR in Dahlonega, Georgia next week.

Teddy bears? Dogs? Everybody has got them. But I probably have the ONLY stuffed MOOSE. And it's the only moose in Texas.

some needed humor.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#301053 - 08/31/09 12:24 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: petercorbett]
b869 Offline

I got that for my birthday. My sister gave it to me, on the back of his head is a zipper when you open it its full of weed LOL

Marvin

Edited by b869 (08/31/09 12:41 PM)

Harvey Fierstein

#301063 - 08/31/09 02:22 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
boylikeme Offline

Loc: hell
lol.. thats too cool, marvin

#301077 - 08/31/09 03:53 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: boylikeme]
Ornias Offline

lol full of weed, does that make him a pot head???

#301083 - 08/31/09 04:25 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Ornias]
DJsport Offline
MaleSurvivor

I had a teddy bear until I left home at 15.

I miss him. Hmmm... I will think about getting a new one.

I have sleep with something next to me like a pillow. I would need a big bear and a pot head bear - hmmmmm

DJ

Never make someone a priority if your only an option

#301134 - 09/01/09 01:38 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: DJsport]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I dug mine out again about 6 months ago and sometimes I still grab him before dropping off to sleep. Not sure why exactly but I feel good knowing he is there.

#301148 - 09/01/09 04:35 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Freedom49]
b869 Offline

Yeah It does make him a pot head LOL

Harvey Fierstein

#305901 - 10/10/09 08:56 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

I recently saw a movie I liked called Killer Kid. It's about the recruiting of child soldiers from Lebanon. The new recruits are assembled for their first night away from home. They are required to dump out all of their stuff. A bunch of them have teddies. The leader throws the teddy of the last boy over in a pile. The boy goes over and picks it up with tears in his eyes.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#306000 - 10/11/09 02:01 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: pufferfish]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Here is me holding my teddy when i was small! Rupert the bear, i of course still have him, although he is much smaller compared to me now, he was recently cleaned so he is nice and white again, he had turned grey.

#306017 - 10/11/09 05:46 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: king tut]
Moortje Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oregon
About a month ago, my boyfriend surprised me by having two dozen roses delivered to me. It also came with an adorable teddy.

I named him J-bear, and I sleep with him every night. He makes me feel protected from any and all boogeymen. smile

~Matt

#306541 - 10/15/09 06:25 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: Moortje]
b869 Offline

Aww... thats nice smile

Marvin

Harvey Fierstein

#306548 - 10/15/09 10:06 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Ah right the older teddy thread! Might as well post in here that UK Supermarket chain Sainsbury has released a 140th Anniversary bear, for £4.99 - cheaper than the charity one, so I'll probably buy that and make some token donation to the other lot.

#306692 - 10/16/09 11:23 AM Re: Teddy bear [Re: ComicBookGuy]
b869 Offline

NICE! smile

Marvin

Harvey Fierstein

#459839 - 01/31/14 12:55 PM Re: Teddy bear [Re: b869]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i love stuffed animals, expecially teddy bears.

my imaginary friends kept me company and gave me comfort all through my tortured youth.

i wish i still had them, but almost all of them disappeared through my adult years.

i only have one left from way back then (the 1960s).

War
Love
Poetry

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.