Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
6 registered (GummyBear, SJC, I Want 2 Thrive, 3 invisible), 12 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63568 Topics
444127 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286248 - 05/04/09 07:43 AM letter
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
hows this:

Dear ...,

I remain unsure of the reasons for my motherís decision to make adjustments to the front garden.

I would like you to know that I believe she is making a mistake by making any adjustments to the front garden. I would also like you to know that our family (excluding my mother) has no problems with the front garden as it is.

Furthermore, I would like to express that nobody in my family has any bad feelings towards you, quite the opposite. I hope that this doesnít alter the friendships that we have had over the years. I hope it is clear to you that my mother isnít doing this because of any problem that she has with you, but because of insecurities she has within herself.

My mother is not thinking about what she is doing or why, and I donít know why. My father and the rest of our family do not agree with any decisions she makes to make adjustments to the front garden, although my father does not intervene- he is pre-occupied with possible redundancy.

I apologise for stress that this has caused you and for the manner in which this was revealed to you. Please donít feel intimidated and donít be afraid to open up a dialect with my father. I believe my mother is acting in an irresponsible and un-thoughtful way. Again, I offer great apologies for my motherís spontaneity, irrationality and apparent immaturity.

I am writing this letter without my parentís knowledge, so may this letter be silenced, but I felt the need to do so after witnessing the events that unravelled today.

From
Lewis

Edited by king tut (05/04/09 08:03 AM)

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286249 - 05/04/09 07:54 AM Re: letter [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

They are two old people, one who is very ill and the wife has to look after him, they have lived there forever and we have lived here for 25yrs, the front garden is shared and its all friendly, now my mother decides that she wants to slam a big fence down the middle, meaning they wont have anything much to call a front garden. She gets this big farmer to come and look at the garden to view it in preparation to put a fence up, who proceeds to have sharp exchanges with this little old lady who came out of her house wondering whats going on. What a fucking disgrace, sure the farmer was pleasant and nice but thats going to be intimidating to an old lady.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#286250 - 05/04/09 07:55 AM Re: letter [Re: king tut]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

she has only been back since friday and she has been completely drunk every night- stupid bitch

#286269 - 05/04/09 10:27 AM Re: letter [Re: king tut]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Undisclosed
excellent step to write the letter.

you asked.."how's this.." and here is my take:

I was looking for where you told her YOUR feelings about the actions of mother AND of your feelings for the elderly couple. I can infer that you are upset but you do not say it to them. If you take your current last sentence and move it to the top and then continue with how you care about them etc... in your own words, according to how you feel, then you and they are more likely to connect and grow closer.

Plus, you will feel better having expressed your love/care for the elderly couple who seem to mean something to you. I have a similar old couple that I have grown fond of, nearby where I work, and we talk about gardens and life, they represent my grandparents to me, who have both died during my adolsescence and were the only, I repeat, only people who I had an emotional relationship with growing up.

#286270 - 05/04/09 10:28 AM Re: letter [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

And rip the fence out if it is installed!!!!!!!!

#286476 - 05/06/09 10:57 AM Re: letter [Re: brother2none]
brother2none Offline
MaleSurvivor

Did I kill this topic with my last comments?

#286522 - 05/06/09 08:32 PM Re: letter [Re: brother2none]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Originally Posted By: brother2none
Did I kill this topic with my last comments?

Nope! smile There's often no telling why a topic continues or stalls. I once made an utterly inane comment on a topic as a joke, and it set the thread on fire! I think it went on and on to over 100 posts. But other times I have said something and the topic stalled right then and there.

Never have been able to figure that one out. Oh well. wink

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#286524 - 05/06/09 08:37 PM Re: letter [Re: roadrunner]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Lewis,

This is a bold and brave letter and I'm proud of you for standing up for what's right. That said, one thing you might want to consider is the possible reaction at home if this letter gets back to your parents. That's not to say you shouldn't speak up - that's your call. But I would give some thought to the possible backlash and ask myself if this is a battle I need to fight. If it is, hey, go for it. But if not, it's okay to tell yourself that right now you need your energy and resources for Lewis' problems first.

One minor correction: dialect --> dialogue.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.