Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
7 registered (AlexT, don64, Rich1967, 3 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63183 Topics
441801 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#286230 - 05/04/09 02:20 AM Is there a God?
Charlie24 Offline

Growing up I was often forced to go to church every Sunday. I never really understood any of it. It was always this need to please my mother, make my mother happy according to here. I was often shuffled to these events and I think in part I wanted to go for the social aspect of the church events but never understood why. Since leaving home I've been to a local church a few times. I've found the best part is that I'm forced to be still and just sit there and mediate, be calm. I don't always listen to what is being said. Now more than ever I don't feel I need it for the social aspect or maybe I do, according to my father. I often feel as though I'm on the fence about a God or higher power. I just don't know. I think about this life and our world and the misery we live in. The misery of my past that in so many ways holds me back. I'm so emotionally concrete. I just don't know how to unlock myself. I'd like to think that there is a better place after we die but who knows? There isn't really any proof now is there? I think in a way that scares me so much that I have to believe in something that can't be touch, heard, seen, spoken to. I want to believe but I don't know what is holding me back? I don't know how to speak to God? I don't know what I want from God? Maybe that is the problem? I hear about how I need to turn my life over to God? Give him all my problems, let him handle everything for me? When a family member dies I wonder about where they are now? Does Heaven really exist? Is there any way to get some proof, existence?

Charlie.

#286275 - 05/04/09 01:01 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: Charlie24]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Charlie
Thank you for your honesty..May I tell you that every Christan i know has went through, what you are with God...I have been a Christan for more then 40 years.. I have ask the same questions..
I ask my Pastor one time ...What if all of this is a lie?..He told me what have you to lose if it is a wonderful clean life...But if it is true and you dont follow Jesus then look at what you will lose......Either you believe the Bible is the word of God or you dont....God never needs us to defend or prove him...
I just accept him and see what he has done in my life....Im sure if you think about it you can see God in your life...

God Bless
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#286281 - 05/04/09 01:43 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: wojax]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
Charlie, WOW!!!

I am going to venture the guess that everyone has thought about that question. To me...( just me now...) i am going to say that all my questions were ending up at whether I had the faith to belive in things unseen...I did and I do...

And after all that, i still wonder, what if...

and you know....

I like the side that believes that all things are for the good of us all even if we dont understand the bigger picture. I do not propose to understand the Masters plan, just that whatever it is , I will be where I am supposed to be...just believin"...

God Bless...
Nomansanisland

#286325 - 05/05/09 02:08 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: nomansanisland]
sojourn111 Offline

Loc: midwest
Charlie,
I understand what you mean by concrete. My one hope is this:
If the Christ being both divine and now flesh could have authority in Heaven and on Earth then He would do things that could only be done by God in man. And if this man has God in Him then what has He said of me? But that He loves me and desires to give life abundantly, healing, peace, love and joy. A new mind, a new heart and His everlasting presence that He offers through a relationship with me; knowing me. And I, who don't feel loveable, beautiful, redeemable am amazed that He could love me and make me a son of His Father, adopted in. But I see no malice or fault in Him, no gain or angle He can work. It is to my benefit that He offers and this the imbalanced offer is so unbelievably in my favor that I believe. And that is my hope, the extreme Grace of His offer.

Now to see all unfold in me... this is the journey.

#286327 - 05/05/09 02:34 AM Re: Is there a God? [Re: sojourn111]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

no

#286376 - 05/05/09 02:58 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: Marcus Mystery]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
yes

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#286377 - 05/05/09 03:12 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: pufferfish]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allen,

I totally agree.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#286378 - 05/05/09 03:47 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: Charlie24]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Charlie,

Take the short route to answering all of these questions - simply ask God to reveal Himself - Herself - Itself to you in a personal and private manner that only you can understand, and then forget about it.

When the time is right, and when you least expect it, it will happen for you. You'll be amazed.

#286379 - 05/05/09 03:48 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: michael banks]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Romans 1:19,20

because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.

For me, I can't look at a flower, the stars, the mountains ... and think that this all "just happened".

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#286386 - 05/05/09 04:52 PM Re: Is there a God? [Re: MarkK]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 11:53 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.