Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (finallyhere, JW1230, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445824 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286036 - 05/01/09 09:42 PM Wonder Emporium
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

I watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium today for the first time...

Not a survivor film by any means, but holy crap does it have so many feelings stirred up in me. If my wife hadn't have been there right next to me, the waterworks would have been flowing a whole lot more.

I really don't know why it effects me like it did. I do relate to how alone the kid is, that's me for sure, I spent most of my time alone when I was growing up and would sooner talk to adults than kids!

#286039 - 05/01/09 09:57 PM Re: Wonder Emporium [Re: JustScott]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
JustScott,

It reminds me of the Ms library section ~ for the kid in us...!!!

That movie was just pure clean fun.

Sahara Cynthia Sylvia Stout would not take the garbage out...(Shel Silverstein)

island

#286152 - 05/03/09 01:44 PM Re: Wonder Emporium [Re: 1islandboy]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I must have a look at that film then Scott. I have heard about it but haven't seen it yet. Thanks for the heads-up.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#286193 - 05/03/09 08:11 PM Re: Wonder Emporium [Re: roadrunner]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
Hi Scott.

Do you remember the character Eric? (the 9yo boy who was pressured by his family to "make friends")

So, to make his parents happy,.......do you remember that part where he tried get Jason Bateman to play checkers with him with those hand-written signs through the office window, only to be told that he was "working" as an answer? frown lol

Another thing I admired was how the boy always wore a different hat every day, and every time Dustin Hoffman's character saw him he complimented his hat, and Eric always replied with a dignified "Thank You". They had great chemistry when acting together.

It wasn't a specTACULAR film, a bit cliched and predictable, but all of the characters were cool, and had some very poignant moments and imponderables, one of which being that, nothing lasts forever.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.