Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
7 registered (CafeMan, Max10, 4 invisible), 57 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438134 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#286140 - 05/03/09 12:13 PM Our Dreams, Interpretration, What they mean?
Charlie24 Offline

Guys I was debating and debating and debating on where to put this topic. I feel like it could fit into many of the areas on this site and just felt like putting it in here in the hopes of greater visibility. I thank you for allowing me to post. Now that I got that out of the way let me get to my main topic.

I'm starting to think, believe that I'm sexually attracted to other males. I'm just not comfortable calling myself gay yet. Maybe the denial stage of coming out, okay that opening a whole different can of worms.

I've not been intimate with another person in my life in a long time. I do believe we as human beings are sexual and need that connection for healthy survival. What I guess I'd like to know is that I've been having dreams about intimacy with individuals of the same sex.

I'm just starting to wonder what this all may mean? Could it be my body telling me I need relations with another person? Are dreams a way for our subconscious giving us advice? What do they mean? I'd love your thoughts on dreams and how we respond to them? Thanks guys for allowing me to post.

Charlie.

#286150 - 05/03/09 01:27 PM Re: Our Dreams, Interpretration, What they mean? [Re: Charlie24]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Hey Charlie,

I definitely think that dreams are a way for our subconscious to give us advice, but I think that you need to be careful in interpreting them. In my opinion they may not be as clear cut as they seem and you should think about all the possible interpretations before basing a decision on them.

Personally, I find that the dreams I remember usually tie into something going on in my day to day life. I also find that the details are the key. For example, I may have a nightmare re-living the abuse but the location will be different and that location will be what I concentrate on. Is their a particular person or location that keeps recurring in your dreams, perhaps that is the point of the dream, not the theme.

I find that I have made alot of progress through working with my dreams. And by thinking about them it helps stop the nightmares. At the same time though I would not base any major life decisions on a couple dreams.

Riley

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.