Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
3 registered (lapchinj, Mr. Malaise, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63213 Topics
442017 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#285869 - 04/30/09 03:15 PM In Congo, Male Survivors of Rape Speak Out
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
The civil war in the Democratic Republic of Congo (a.k.a. Zaire, former Belgian Congo) has been the deadliest war since WWII, with approximately 5 million dead from fighting, fatal wounds, disease, starvation, etc. Also, there have been horrifying mass rapes of women by all sides, and even UN peacekeeping troops have been involved in pedophile purchase of child prostitutes. Now, some of the male victims of rape by soldiers are speaking out, too. Here is a video about it by AFP (Agence France Press, video is in English). If you cut and paste the URL, I hope it will play. I don't consider it to be graphic at all, but that may depend on your trigger sensitivity level. (I personally have heard almost everything, so I extremely rarely trigger, so let me warn you that some might find it pretty disturbing). Please let me know if the link works. http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/index.php?cl=13235393

Edited by Anarion Cti (04/30/09 04:17 PM)
Edit Reason: fixing the URL
"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#285870 - 04/30/09 03:25 PM Re: In Congo, Male Survivors of Rape Speak Out [Re: Anarion Cti]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
Ok, if that last URL does not work or redirects to the wrong site, use http://news.yahoo.com/i/3119 or

or
java>
"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#286065 - 05/02/09 09:21 AM Re: In Congo, Male Survivors of Rape Speak Out [Re: Anarion Cti]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Not a problem Anarion, We can Google. Thanks for the highlighting it, at least one Congolese refugee has been through the group I attend whilst on asylum in the UK.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.