Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 19 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63846 Topics
445822 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#285817 - 04/30/09 03:12 AM the fender bender or how I modified my friends car
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Upon conclusion and driving away from the A.A. meeting I backed into one of my friends car (a little blue pontiac car) with my larger blue ford astro van (attached tow hitch didn't help).

Not only am I spun out about that...(losing sleep by the minute)...I have relapsed on smoking after a panic attack the other day (at work)...

...there is a real risk, that the facility I work at will be closed down (lose my job).

...and continue to have issues around depression (in the family~~~and can't take anti-depressants,due to side effects) and work related stress involving said impossible job.

So, now we get to the solution part of my post...Right here,right now, I just want to remind myself that everything is going to be o.k.

As bleak as is sounds...there are actually a lot of people out there that have much bigger concerns and worries than you.

Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present...enough of the pity pot already...!!!

You've always known, it's better to shoot for the stars and miss than aim at the gutter and hit it...

and so it goes...will the body and the mind will follow (my cure for depression).

Tomorrows another day...and after all...why worry...???

It's Only Money (Ardent Anthology)

island

#285840 - 04/30/09 10:38 AM Re: the fender bender or how I modified my friends car [Re: 1islandboy]
nansogre Offline

Loc: PA
What is left for us to say when you pull yourself up.
Actually, I thank you for both parts of your post.

"A creative outlet provides a spiritual release and helps facilitate a healthy mental balance"-Patrick(Spongebob's buddy)

#285924 - 05/01/09 03:27 AM Re: the fender bender or how I modified my friends car [Re: nansogre]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
You ever try Lexapro? Lexapro has virtually no side-effects. It is always easier to find another job while you are still working. Other employers are always glad to steal a good employee from someone else rather than take a chance on someone who isn't working.

Some big trash outfit is always hiring here in Denver. They are union and pay about $17/hour to start. Waste Mngmt is here and I can't remember the outfit with the blue trucks right across the street from my job, but they are always hiring. If you have a Class-A CDL they are still hiring OTR semi drivers at my job too.

Unemployment here in Denver is only about 5%, which is much better that Detroit, where it is 30%. There are plenty of AA/NA meetings here too, just in case. It is time to start looking at other options just in-case.

Maybe try the 7 mg nicotine patches and try to get back off!!! You can always cut them in half.

Mark

#286022 - 05/01/09 07:21 PM Re: the fender bender or how I modified my friends car [Re: Trucker51]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Island,

Shit happens. That's just life.
Why sweat the small stuff. And remember it is all small stuff.
I am also in the same boat as you are in regards to my job. Sixty guys laid off in the last two months.
Frieght is so slow I don.t know if my company can survive until things pick up. If not 40,000 more people will be on unemployment. Bright side I can get retrained to do something else.
All changes is a opportunity for growth.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#286038 - 05/01/09 09:51 PM Re: the fender bender or how I modified my friends car [Re: michael banks]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Thanks for the advice guys,

I like everybody else tend to get stressed out every once in a while.

I seem to forget the 72hr. rule sometimes...(that is, put any unsolvable problem on hold and revisit said problem in 72hrs. time). I am really amazed how many problems that work themselves out or become clear with absolutely no effort or worry on my part...!!!

Toy Soldiers (Martika)

island

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.