Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
BobdaFarmer61 (53), LeeM1974 (40), MATROS48 (57), victor valdez (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (susie, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64007 Topics
446732 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#285882 - 04/30/09 06:08 PM Physical effects
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
I have had some physical things occur that have never happened to me before and went to the doctor for some tests because of concerns I had. Turns out I was in a mild physical shock. I had my first real flashback during a T session a week ago. I left there shaky and a little freaked out but thought I was ok. I was exhausted or felt that way and ended up sleeping a lot the next few days. Really dragging and several days woke up so dizzy I had trouble waking and keeping my balance. I really felt shocky but it didn't make sense to me as I had been sleeping and resting instead of doing anything strenuous.

Upon examination and questioning my T I realized that I was still suffering after effects. During the session this morning I had another small one but was able to not completely leave reality and got through it ok. Now that I know what is happening I can deal with it better but I was really blindsided by the whole process.

Has anyone else had physical symptoms from a flashback that affected them to such a degree? I am new to this and really hope this will be the last I ever have to deal with it.

#285885 - 04/30/09 06:42 PM Re: Physical effects [Re: Freedom49]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I have never gone into a state of shock in the way that you have described no. Although being sick (without much coming out) yeah i have had that kind of physical thing, although not so much a flashback but more like a dissociative flashback state resulting in that. Make sure the doctor checks you properly, it could be caused by something else, maybe something induced by the stress of the experience, good to get your blood levels (pressure, sugar) checked and also things like stomach ulcers which can come about due to stress. Many things can cause this state of exhaustion or confusion.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#285887 - 04/30/09 06:57 PM Re: Physical effects [Re: king tut]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Lewis,
Thank you. You are right on and that is just what I did. I wanted to rule out any serious life threatening issue first and then deal with whatever was left. Everything else checked out ok Doppler Carotids, ECG, labs all came back normal. Cortisol levels were slightly elevated indicating my adrenal glands were over stimulated but breathing exercises and relaxation techinques made me feel less shaky. Thanks for your reply.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.