Newest Members
pjmd, j_f1974, Dan234racer, ajax, marmill252
12431 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mTm (55), Oz (28)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, manipulated, 3 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12431 Members
74 Forums
63840 Topics
445797 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#285498 - 04/27/09 10:35 AM i know god answers prayer
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
sometimes i forget that god answers prayer.

yesterday after getting up from a nap i had a really bad pinched nerve between my shoulderblades. i could not move my neck to the left or the right without exacerbating an already intense pain. it was difficult to make my body move. i had agreed to donate my services as accompanist at my spiritual community's worship service last night. i could hardly move. i was screwed. i asked for relief, and got enough to make it to the service. i played the service and it went fine. i was in excruciating pain the whole time and i could not wait to go home and just lie down. my friends noticed my distress. my brother melvin asked if i wanted him to pray for it, and he and others came and put their hands on my back while melvin prayed a prayer. i could immediately feel the warmth of god's healing spirit come into my pain and lessen it. when the prayer was over, i still felt a dull ache, but i no longer had pains shooting down my left arm. melvin said 'claim it' and 'just do what were not able to do before'. i thought, 'yea right', thinking i was just being a nice guy playing along. after i drove melvin home and the the rest of us went out to the elbow room for our usual post worship social, i began to notice that i was forgetting to remember the pain of the last 5 hours, and then i noticed it was completely gone!. i am grateful. i just kept thanking god, because i really could not function with that pain. i just kept thanking god all night long, and when i woke up this morning, i remembered the misery of yesterday, and i thanked god again.

it made me think, if god when asked takes away physical pain, and heal it, as long as we don't keep trying to bring it back into our life, then why would god not answer prayer that asks for relief from emotional or psychological pain when asked. this proves to me that god does, but often, the case is this: i keep taking it back. i keep on remembering from yesterday or the last time it loomed into my consciousness trying to dominate my mental faculties, and i habitually invite it back in, again and again.

i made a decision today to remember to pray more often, and to share my experience with others confirming for them so they too may know that god answers prayer.

do you have a story about how god answered prayer for you, i'd love to hear it?

ron

#285508 - 04/27/09 11:41 AM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: Sans Logos]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I had a herniated disk in my neck. The pain was bad, shots didn't help, and the insurance company said it was "elective surgery" and wouldn't authorize the HMO doctors to do the surgery.

After a couple weeks of prayer, I got a call from one of the surgeons I had seen prior to the HMO turning down my request. He was leaving the HMO and offered to do the surgery. He said they could scream all they wanted - but since he was currently covered with them, they would have to pay the surgery. They'd normally "chastise" the doctor - but he was leaving anyway so he didn't care.

Answer #1

He did tell me that for 6 to 12, possibly 24 hours after the surgery I wouldn't have much voice, if any. Because of the location of the disk, they do the surgery from the front and work around the vocal chords. He also said there was a 1% chance my voice would never recover. Worship Leader at church - corporate trainer at work ... But I signed up for the surgery.

The day of the operation, our pastor came to anoint me with oil and pray over me. He laid two fingers over my vocal chords as he prayed and the incredible warmth of God's love enveloped my throat. All fear also left my heart.

When they wheeled me from the O.R. to I.C.U. - I was already chatting up a storm (according to my wife) with the nurse pushing the gurney. My voice never waivered or suffered.

Answer #2

Thank God above - I have many - but this is the one that has always meant the most to me and one of the times where His presence was palpable. There was no denying it.

M

Kirkridge - October 2008
Alta - September 2012
Alta - September 2013

#285509 - 04/27/09 11:44 AM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: Sans Logos]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Ron
You know I would have a story LOL...
I was saved in 1974 and i have tryed my best to live for the lord...I was doing great but i was a smoker(that wont send you to hell) but it mared my testimony with the young people in my church and God convited me of it....Warning....
Be Carful What you Pray for....I ask the Lord to make me stop smoking no matter what it takes..
I came down with Larne4x Cancer had my voice box removed...And i dont Smoke....Many would say God would not do that to you....God answers Prayers...

Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#285529 - 04/27/09 04:22 PM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: wojax]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
In my experiences with prayer, sometimes the answer was yes, sometimes the answer was no, but it was answered either way.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#285535 - 04/27/09 05:29 PM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: wojax]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
Wojax, Your physical voice may be gone, but here you have found your true voice, a voice that speaks healing and comfort to many. May you continue to speak words of life to those who are hurting, and may it be heard through cyberspace far more loudly than any voice ever could.

"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#285537 - 04/27/09 05:40 PM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: FormerTexan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
yea, god does as god damn well pleases, with or without our approval, eh? LOL

edited to add: i just have to add, that i am very glad the answer was in my favor this time cool

Edited by Sans Logos (04/27/09 05:44 PM)
Edit Reason: add a comment

#285545 - 04/27/09 07:00 PM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: Sans Logos]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
A living testimony for sure!

Thanks for sharing that with us Gary.

IHN
Juni

#285596 - 04/28/09 08:02 AM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: Juni]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
Ron,

She wakes up in our bed every morning. 7 years free of cancer. I pray everyday for her. Thank you God!

Your brother,
Jim

My Story

#285730 - 04/29/09 10:40 AM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: Sans Logos]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 11:46 AM)

#285760 - 04/29/09 06:14 PM Re: i know god answers prayer [Re: myboyhoodfears]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
Myboyhoodfears, please know that I am praying for you, too! May God richly grant you joy and peace, even in the midst of depression and dialysis. Please let me know if there is any way that I can pray for you more specifically.

"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.