Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
1 registered (OxfordArms), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63549 Topics
444004 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#285626 - 04/28/09 03:57 PM Re: Chosen [Re: joelRT]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Joel, my beloved big brother.

I was struck by this comment... and as such will share that I believe that Legeslation will have little to no affect on societal ills. I believe that the way to make change is from the individual on out. I agree that we are unlikely to eliminate preditors amoung us, like those who abused and hurt me. It is incumbant on each and every survivor, as each's healing permits, to tear down the veil of silence around Incest and Child Sexual Abuse. As we do this the preditors will be revealed earlier and the survivors will be allowed to walk in the light.

That's a start... probably a thread out there on the topic already...

Love you all,

Wes

Originally Posted By: joelRT

I have long since made my peace with the fact that child sexual abusers will always walk amongst us, as they have since the dawn of time, however, what I cannot reconcile is our that governements only pay lip service to protecting the most fragile in our midst.

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#285658 - 04/28/09 09:54 PM Re: Chosen [Re: wes-b]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi To all my brothers/friends.

Well I have finally figured out how to use my new computer. I was watching the Chosen, but without sound. Then my friend came in and asked me what I was watching and I told him, but no sound. Well he and I finally figured it out.

The only thing that I can say is those men were very couragous.

We as young boys and our SECRETS have paid a terrable price for our secercy. They had parents. I did not, but now I see that it really didn't matter after all. I'm glad that they are in recovery and had the guts to go public.

It is very sad that all of us boys here in this site were also CHOSEN. I see where I wasn't the only one trapped by liking it, by someone who (i/we thought had an interest in us.

Thanks to the BBC for having the courage of delving into this subject of child sexual abuse.

To all of us who were Chosen, I wish you all and myself well in our recovery.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#285670 - 04/28/09 11:35 PM Re: Chosen [Re: petercorbett]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Tom,

I just want to join the others in congratulating all of you for this award. What an incredibly well-deserved act of recognition for an incredible act of courage. We all know this wasn't easy. I wish you all the very best as your healing journey continues.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#285697 - 04/29/09 06:39 AM Re: Chosen [Re: petercorbett]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Originally Posted By: petercorbett
Thanks to the BBC for having the courage of delving into this subject of child sexual abuse.

Channel 4's digital channel More4 picked up the broadcast rights to Chosen, the Beeb just screened the awards ceremony.

Our licence fee benefactors did screen A Place For Paedophiles recently, so they're making an effort and can't be held responsible for the poor editing choices that stopped a below-average documentary from being good.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (04/29/09 06:40 AM)

#285713 - 04/29/09 08:52 AM Re: Chosen [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Jesse92 Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: ComicBookGuy

Our licence fee benefactors did screen A Place For Paedophiles recently, so they're making an effort and can't be held responsible for the poor editing choices that stopped a below-average documentary from being good.

I'm not sure i understand what you are talking about/what you mean?

#285716 - 04/29/09 09:00 AM Re: Chosen [Re: Jesse92]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sorry for any confusion Jesse, just correcting petercorbett - the BBC screened the awards ceremony where Chosen won but didn't have anything to do with funding the documentary (whether they were one of the 16 production companies that rejected it, Tom will have to tell us).

However, the BBC did broadcast Louis Theroux's documentary A Place For Paedophiles, so presumably co-produced it.

Hope that clears things up.

Edited by ComicBookGuy (04/29/09 09:00 AM)

#285721 - 04/29/09 09:18 AM Re: Chosen [Re: ComicBookGuy]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi again.

I stand corrected. Sorry for my misinterpertation.

I'll save my compassion, understanding and love for those CHOSEN men.

Heal well all,

Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#285727 - 04/29/09 09:44 AM Re: Chosen [Re: petercorbett]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

No problem Peter, didn't want to come across as pedantic, in fact I think one comment by Alistair from the film during the acceptance speech about a Brit politician not changing the law yet made the news by itself - indirectly we can thank the BBC for that.

#285731 - 04/29/09 11:30 AM Re: Chosen [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
This movie still resonates within me greatly, their feelings, their expressions, the raw emotions....

"Mark:

I lived for thirty years without acknowledging that I was a victim.Thatís a huge period of time, thatís, you know, likely to be more than, hopefully a third of my life.

Tom:

There isnít a day that passes, when I donít think about, at some stage, what happened to me.

Allastair

I donít think you ever, ever forget what happened. I donít care what people say, I donít care whether people have managed to sublimate the experience, or suppress it so successfully that they never give it a second thought. Its imbedded in your psyche. You cannot get rid of it.

There were times when I,,, assumed, that the fact that I had had this relationship with him, he had been attracted to me, meant that I was probably gay. And as I went through adolescence, and early adulthood I was desperate to overcome that and um,and I, it took me a very, very long time to feel comfortable with my feelings of affection and sexual desire. Um, and I think these, um these problems are manifested in different victims in a myriad of different ways.

I get reminded literally everyday of what happened; it could be a smell, a sound, it could be a memory, it could be something in the news, its always there. "

Tom, Mark, Allastair, you spoke for so many of us. Thank you. And congratulations again.

Jim

#285748 - 04/29/09 04:28 PM Re: Chosen [Re: Geeders]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi again my brothers/friends.

Yep, that Irishmoose is back again.

I've thought about that movie all night and up to this very moment. I just can't shake it either. But my memories were buried for 55 years after the final sexual act. I will never again forget it. I am right now dealing with my feelings, and my sexuality.

I will add my thanks also to those courages men,
Tom, Mark & Allistar.

To them and all my brothers/friends on this web site,
Heal well.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.