Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 56 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63107 Topics
441318 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#285472 - 04/27/09 06:35 AM Question for Survivors & Partners: corporate speak
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Has anyone ever exeperienced (or done) this?

A partner says something in an affectionate, intimate (but far from inappropriate) manner & gets an affirmative, positive response that would be more appropriate in a board room or among business associates? What's this all about?????

#285479 - 04/27/09 07:13 AM Re: Question for Survivors & Partners: corporate speak [Re: kolisha54]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa
Thinking/Cognitive answer felt safer than Feelings/Emotions- esp cause you were affectionate, intimate. Ya know, the csa programming still there and telling him intimacy means danger. I've always perceived it as it's not us they don't trust, it's their own Trusting that they don't Trust- cause they feel (logically in the past) that their past Trusting was a self betrayal . You know this stuff i know but still , Yes, it feels crazy (and Lonely! ) when it happens..... Much Peace to you Kolisha, An

#285491 - 04/27/09 09:33 AM Re: Question for Survivors & Partners: corporate speak [Re: An]
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Thanks, An!!! You are as perceptive as always! I guess The Trick is to be able to respond back in such a way that doesn't re-trigger whatever the trigger is but makes clear that the response was still appreciated.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.