Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, HD001, 1 invisible), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63117 Topics
441396 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#285142 - 04/23/09 10:59 PM I want to shout it out...
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Sometimes I just want to shout it out and broadcast it to the world what happened to me. I want others to know. I want people to have perspective in regards to my past and also my struggles in the present. I want people to know what happened to me, I want them to understand the trauma I go through. I want them to know that this sh*t is very real and that there are many other who are suffering. I want them to get it.

I also want them to know that what happened it not an excuse for anything; whether past, present or future. But is instead just context to my life. They can figure the rest.

I just want people to know.

Eric

#285167 - 04/24/09 02:01 AM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: ericc]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: ericc
Sometimes I just want to shout it out and broadcast it to the world what happened to me. I want others to know. I want people to have perspective in regards to my past and also my struggles in the present.

ericc,

Me too!!!

I'm glad to have someone else say it.

These pages of MS Discussion are the best forum I have found to express this need. The other guys on this MS Discussion Board have been through it and understand what you have to say. Nobody will criticize your testimony here.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#285178 - 04/24/09 06:59 AM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: pufferfish]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree that the guys here get it. But I want the rest of the world to get it as well. As people, I see so many cases where we inflict trauma upon each other, and there is no doubt in my mind that there are sooo many people suffering trauma of one sort or another. And yet as a society, as human beings we really don't as a whole acknowledge that trauma. I understand it would be too painful to always admit what we are doing to each other, or to think too deeply about what others are doing and what harm it is causing. But it seems to me humanity is on a sinking ship as a whole if it lives in that denial. I guess I'm a bit bothered by it all at the moment. I just want people to wake up to trauma and understand its ramifications. And it would be nice if humanity as a whole evolved a bit where it no longer felt it necessary to cause pain in others for the sole purpose of self justification. Okay, done with that. I just wish people could "get" what it is like to have suffered sexual trauma and as a result could see my life (and for that matter, other's lives as well) in that context. Either way I'm going to do my best to make the best of things.

Eric

#285194 - 04/24/09 09:09 AM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: ericc]
nansogre Offline

Loc: PA
ericc,
You put it so well. I don't have anything to add. I just feel the same way.

"A creative outlet provides a spiritual release and helps facilitate a healthy mental balance"-Patrick(Spongebob's buddy)

#285242 - 04/24/09 06:07 PM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: pufferfish]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
................ME THREE!!!!

#285248 - 04/24/09 06:28 PM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: ericc]
jls Offline

Everyone knowing is revolutionary since when trauma is brought to light those who are suffering from it no longer have to be silent.

#285283 - 04/24/09 11:32 PM Re: I want to shout it out... [Re: jls]
nomansanisland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NM
ERICC!!!! i LOVE IT!!! RIGHT ON MAN!!!! Nomansanisland!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.